First Euro Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Euro Mount

I just finished up my first DIY European mount. What do y’all think? Any critiques or tips for next time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it. I have done a few for myself and family. Just because it's something I like, I paint the skull with Kilz paint after the boiling and peroxide. Just seals it up better and maintains the bright white I like. Just as a side note. Some of the heads I did 6 years ago or so have started to turn yellow with the spray urethanes. I have tried a few different brands, all of them have shades of yellow. Hence the Kilz white brush up

Comment

The only top I would say is less boil and more simmer. You can tell that nose area had too much heat on it and is separating a bit. But you can always glue that part back if needed.

Comment

I'll add that mop-n-glo has helped keep mine from turning yellow. I've tried the clear coat and it turns the skull yellow. I also used the peroxide mixed with the bleach packets to make a paste with very good results.

Comment

It still has grease in it, those are the dark spots. Set it in a run of dawn dish soap and water and let it set. The dawn/water mix will pull the grease out. No matter how much bleaching you do it will never bleach out the grease stains and they will yellow over time.

Comment

Did the teeth hold? I did one once that lost a bunch of teeth. I was super glueing big time lol looks awesome to me though!!

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                Did the teeth hold? I did one once that lost a bunch of teeth. I was super glueing big time lol looks awesome to me though!!

Thanks for the tips guys. I had three teeth come out when I pressure washed it, but I expected them to come out so I did it on concrete. I just used super glue to put them back in.

Comment

Looks good. Like the board display

Comment

Looks good! I also use mop and glo to seal it.

Comment

Looks good. I’ll have to keep those tips in mind for my next as well. Where’d you get the wood?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                        Looks good. I’ll have to keep those tips in mind for my next as well. Where’d you get the wood?
                        I got it from an old house/building that has fallen down on my land.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Looks really good man! I started doing my own a few years ago, it's fun and rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
                              It still has grease in it, those are the dark spots. Set it in a run of dawn dish soap and water and let it set. The dawn/water mix will pull the grease out. No matter how much bleaching you do it will never bleach out the grease stains and they will yellow over time.
                              This.

Those spots that kinda look wet, are grease that's still in the bone. If it's not gone, over time it will turn yellow.

Comment

Working...
                              X