No announcement yet.

2021 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a first base mitt for a 12U player you’d let go for a decent price? Kid is probably going to have to play a little bit of first base this year and I’m not wanting to break the bank on a new one. I guess anywhere from a 12-12.5” glove would be fine. He’s a right handed thrower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A transition year for me. I stepped away from managing in order to continue to develop and grow our program. Round Rock Baseball Academy. If anyone is looking for a 10U or 11U team this fall in the Round Rock area let me know, we're going to have tryouts in May.

Played last weekend in Dripping Springs, knocked some rust off, learned a lot, but ready to put some gas on the fire.

Comment

Our 13s just jumped in a 14u tourney next weekend in Grapevine, it'll be fun to get some 60/90 in with this group.

Comment

Our 11u boys played a 12u tournament in ElCampo and did OK. We definitely had some rust but overall pleased with their performance. We lost our second game yesterday to a good 12 Sliders team, 6-1.
          We probably wont play another tournament until middle of April.
          Last edited by Crazzy; 03-15-2021, 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

My 12u son will play in his second tournament of the spring this weekend. They went 2-2 in the first on and certainly have alot to work on! We'll be playing V Tool this weekend so I'm excited to see how the new pitching regs go! Have any of you guys played V Tool yet this year? I'm all for changing the culture and protecting arms!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              My 12u son will play in his second tournament of the spring this weekend. They went 2-2 in the first on and certainly have alot to work on! We'll be playing V Tool this weekend so I'm excited to see how the new pitching regs go! Have any of you guys played V Tool yet this year? I'm all for changing the culture and protecting arms!
              we did last week and were missing arguably our 4 best arms. saturday was interesting, we had some dudes step up sunday though.

Comment

We still have that CF ZEN Black hanging on the wall if anyone is interested.

$100 bill. Bat is like new.

Comment

brock was "discharged" from arrosti yesterday, they said his shoulder was looking a lot better but made sure he knows he still needs to be stretching and rolling it daily to make sure the tendonitis doesnt come back.

he played 2nd at practice last night and threw hard for the first time a 3 weeks, said his arm felt great and wanted to pitch a bullpen but the coach and i both squashed that. we have gotten the football out a few times and threw in the backyard but only briefly.

he wont pitch this weekend for sure and we will play it by ear for the next tourney although the coach already said he doesnt want to rush it at all.

we have two boys now with what sounds like severs in their feet, all a part of growing up i suppose...

Comment

the boys went 3-1 this weekend playing up with 14s on a 60/90 field. had a rough 2nd game saturday where pitchers couldnt find strikes early then when we found one that could, he got t'd off on lol.

we got dropped down to the 3rd bracket because of how many runs we gave up in that 2nd game, played good in game 3 and made it to game 4, the "championship." we were up the whole game and coughed up 2 runs in the last inning to go down by 1.

brock led off our last inning with a base hit and ended up coming around to score the tying run, then his best friend got a base hit with the bases loaded to win it. it was fun to watch them battle back. brocks bat is still quiet and he still didnt pitch but he played some great 2nd base and hopes to pitch a little this week to see how his arm feels.

and yes, we al realize we were not the "champions" and the boys were having fun with their "participation medals" they were calling them.

how bout these uni's....

Comment

Pics

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

We played at Rocker B, and went 4-1, losing the championship game. We could get nothing going offensively, and their entire lineup hit the ball, mostly where we weren’t.

Brady pitched good in our 2nd game on Sunday, giving up 2 runs, I believe, over 4 innings.

Rocker B Ranch is absolutely phenomenal! If you havnt played there yet, you owe it to your boys, and yourselves to do so. EVERYTHING is first class. They drag/rake/water/stripe the field...between EVERY game. All the fields and facilities are in fantastic shape. Can’t wait to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          We played at Rocker B, and went 4-1, losing the championship game. We could get nothing going offensively, and their entire lineup hit the ball, mostly where we weren’t.

Brady pitched good in our 2nd game on Sunday, giving up 2 runs, I believe, over 4 innings.

Rocker B Ranch is absolutely phenomenal! If you havnt played there yet, you owe it to your boys, and yourselves to do so. EVERYTHING is first class. They drag/rake/water/stripe the field...between EVERY game. All the fields and facilities are in fantastic shape. Can’t wait to go back.

We’re debating on a tournament at Rocker B soon. Is there cabins to rent out on the property or did you find hotels?

Comment

Originally posted by lexingtontexas View Post
                            We’re debating on a tournament at Rocker B soon. Is there cabins to rent out on the property or did you find hotels?

We took our travel trailer and stayed 6 miles away at Rock Creek Camp, they have small cabins for rent as well. Rocker B has cabins for rent, but I understand they book far in advance. I’m sure there are many rentals around the lake, and VRBO and such.

Either way, if you can get to Rocker B...GO....whatever you have to do...GO. The kids LOVED it...bring their swim trunks.

Comment

Congrats Snoop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Welp, my youngest got talked into coming back to baseball, 11u Oilers-Hamblin/Hancock.

Does anyone happen to have an old Marucci Cat6, 30/20 laying around in good shape?

Comment

Working...
                                X