2021 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Select Baseball

I'll get this started...my youngest gave up on baseball last fall, picked up more basketball and he cant wait for football, so I am down to my 13u son who plays for the Texas Oilers-Nowell. They finished the fall strong, winning their last 3 tournaments including a super NIT to get them qualified for the Elite 32 in Orlando in July, which we are going to. I have heard this one can be a beatdown but the boys are excited to go and a week at the beach cant be that bad.

We added a few kids that should make this team pretty salty, playing time will definitely be earned. There are 5 V-Tool tourneys on the schedule which should be fun for the boys, they have people walking around the tournaments videoing and putting highlights on Twitter

anyone have any experience with middle finger pain swinging a bat? he can throw just fine, doesnt hurt playing basketball, but squeezing a bat is causing him some pretty intense discomfort on his right middle finger, going up the tendon on the back of his hand toward the wrist. he says he doesnt remember jamming it or hurting it at all, it just started hurting last week at practice.

ice and advil?

good luck fellas, lets hear where everyone is playing this spring.

Take a little time now on the finger and maybe strengthen with bucket of rice and gyro ball. Orlando is a grind- we didnt show up with a team built to win it. The teams that went to championship had 12 - 15 pitchers. Second time my kid went he was flown in to pitch for another team. It is fun- if schedule is not locked down and you get a voice Id play Five Tool, PBR, and PG events. Have fun

Comment

Glen is right on regarding Orlando, or most any of the big events. Just don't get discouraged that you don't stack up. It's sad that you can have a salty team locally but when you get to the top, it's mediocre. Those teams are built to win, everyone pitches, and pitches well, and they have a fleet of PO for their starting & closing group. You basically get out-billfolded is what I call it. It's a fun time but you have to know what you're in for when it begins.

Enjoy it now, it'll be over before you know it.

Comment

2021 Select Baseball

If anyone is intrested, Hagen has a DeMarini CF Zen Black -10 2 3/4 barrel 29/19. Bat is like new, he has only swung it a handful of times and that was last Spring pre-Covid (we played 2 games), he didn't use it at all this past fall... He prefers his aluminum bats and he wants a Cat 9 so he needs to sale a bat.

$250/OBO.

Let me know if you're intrested and I can shoot you a text (eight - 1- seven - two-six-niner-1-tres -2-four.)

This is from the only game he used it in.
        Last edited by Chad C; 01-28-2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

We are with the Canes out of Decatur again. Largely the same team, though I hope it changes a little as we move along...was really hoping to upgrade at 2 spots over the off season, but only got one. I'm ready to get on the practice field...I'm so sick of hitting/throwing in cages, I could throw up.

Looks like we are gonna go to Gulf Shores for a big one at some point, which the boys will love...but I don't have the confidence we can hang at that level. Doesn't matter I guess.

We have a great core group of parents/kids who all get along great and camp together, and a coach we really like, so the rest is gravy for a while.

Comment

Anyone reccomend a VRBO, or AirB&B, for 4 families in Gulf Shores?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              If anyone is intrested, Hagen has a DeMarini CF Zen Black -10 2 3/4 barrel 29/19. Bat is like new, he has only swung it a handful of times and that was last Spring pre-Covid (we played 2 games), he didn't use it at all this past fall... He prefers his aluminum bats and he wants a Cat 9 so he needs to sale a bat.

$250/OBO.

Let me know if you're intrested and I can shoot you a text (eight - 1- seven - two-six-niner-1-tres -2-four.)

This is from the only game he used it in.

My bad, this was supossed to say $200/obo.

Comment

We had our first scrimmage last night and the boys looked good. We are supposed to have 2 more scrimmages Saturday in Decatur if the rain allows.

First tournament is next weekend, the V Tool Texas 20 in Melissa.

Comment

JS. Melissa is a good set up- have fun. Played there probably 6 times for Five Tool events.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    We had our first scrimmage last night and the boys looked good. We are supposed to have 2 more scrimmages Saturday in Decatur if the rain allows.

First tournament is next weekend, the V Tool Texas 20 in Melissa.
                    Who are you supposed to scrimmage in Decatur?

Comment

We have been doing Strength and conditioning since the first of January and started practice last week.
                      We play March 6th weekend at the Scrapyard.
                      11U AA
                      Victoria Venom.

Comment

Kid was hitting bombs Monday night off a lefty! I’m ready to get this season started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Who are you supposed to scrimmage in Decatur?
                          A USA Prime team at 430 and Canes Southwest-Peterson at 615, Jones Park.

My younger son has basketball games Saturday, hoping they are early or I may not make the trip for baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            We are with the Canes out of Decatur again. Largely the same team, though I hope it changes a little as we move along...was really hoping to upgrade at 2 spots over the off season, but only got one. I'm ready to get on the practice field...I'm so sick of hitting/throwing in cages, I could throw up.

Looks like we are gonna go to Gulf Shores for a big one at some point, which the boys will love...but I don't have the confidence we can hang at that level. Doesn't matter I guess.

We have a great core group of parents/kids who all get along great and camp together, and a coach we really like, so the rest is gravy for a while.
                            Dale what age group are yall? I coach a 11U AAA team, we will be in Gulf Shores this year June 9th - 13th. Make sure yall have plenty of pitching, I hear you play alot of games, and I believe you can bring 2 or 3 extra players with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              they have people walking around the tournaments videoing and putting highlights on Twitter
                              b
                              This cracks me up!

This is a perfect example though. Parents EAT this up and will spend spend spend. These companies/organizations are very smart

Anything for little Johnny.

Comment

Working...
                              X