Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Target buck found dead.... on 2Cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Them dudes on that 60 acres probably think they got it made yet have no idea

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Looks like they killed a young up and comer, that’s how people get fenced out.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Have no idea of what?

Comment

Originally posted by psebowhunter View Post
          Looks like they killed a young up and comer, that’s how people get fenced out.

That is the other I was referring too.

Comment

What would scare me is him saying he got his 1st of the season. That means there will be a 2nd and a 3rd.
            Last edited by Krivoman; 12-06-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Had it happen last year. At least I got to put my hands on him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
              That sucks. Hate to laugh at your misfortune, but you look like you're crying in the pic. Lol

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Happened twice this yr. Don’t fault the neighbors. Just sucks that you put a ton of time in stand bow hunting and deer walks 1/2 mile west and gets shot with rifle. Just the way it rolls.

Comment

I was wondering if there may be any chance of talking to this neighbor, and explaining your management philosophy to him? Heck if you could educate him on what your doing on your place, if he would shoot the same deer as you, feed like you do, and manage he will also reap the benefits. I think 99 percent of the guys out hunting would have shot that deer on a 60 acre place. If he knows what your doing, and does the same, the potential for all involved to kill a real giant, could come into play. Just curious if hes that type of guy?

Comment

Originally posted by borocat View Post
                    Happened twice this yr. Don’t fault the neighbors. Just sucks that you put a ton of time in stand bow hunting and deer walks 1/2 mile west and gets shot with rifle. Just the way it rolls.

Not faulting anyone, like I said, just a part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                      That sucks. Hate to laugh at your misfortune, but you look like you're crying in the pic.
                      Crying, cussing and throwing things.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Crying, cussing and throwing things.
                        I know the feeling

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JayBay3405 View Post
                          I was wondering if there may be any chance of talking to this neighbor, and explaining your management philosophy to him? Heck if you could educate him on what your doing on your place, if he would shoot the same deer as you, feed like you do, and manage he will also reap the benefits. I think 99 percent of the guys out hunting would have shot that deer on a 60 acre place. If he knows what your doing, and does the same, the potential for all involved to kill a real giant, could come into play. Just curious if hes that type of guy?

I’ve tried to have this conversation before, and I’ve mostly gotten the “we only hunt around thanksgiving and Christmas, and we only have 50-70 acres so we aren’t going to feed year round. We will just put up feeders and shoot a deer or two for the freezer.” They don’t know, want to know, or care about the work it takes to grow big low fence deer. They let the neighbors do the work and sometimes they get the reward.

Comment

Happened to me 2 days ago... been hunting a specific target buck for 2 years... Been watchin' him for 3. Had him at 15 yards last year but he was broke up so I passed him... He went downhill a little this year, but was still a biggun... One of my other hunters (new guy and put in next to zero effort on the lease that bought existing stands) killed him with a rifle... Was a real gut punch to me... He scored 186 and change... Free range, low fence... He'd have scared 2 hundo last year... was 7 1/2 plus...
                            The guy did nothing wrong... I had my chance at him the previous year and have a hunt planned beginning next weekend to stay until Christmas Eve or until I kill "Stickers"... Gotta start looking for another target now... Ain't gonna be easy to beat him...

Comment

1st

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                              What would scare me is him saying he got his 1st of the season. That means there will be a 2nd and a 3rd.
                              I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. It’s not illegal to shoot multiple deer in that county as long as you stay within the tpw regulations.

Comment

Man, this time of year our bucks cover way more than a mile. They settle down in late December but right now, all bets are off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X