No announcement yet.

TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these bees doing? Committed to moving in? Or already moved in?
    What is the next step to getting them to supers?

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Pretty sure the swarm moved in a week ago. I’m going to transfer them to a full deep in the morning.

Dad told me they have several swarms come through their property each year so I’m going to set some swarm traps out there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
        What are these bees doing? Committed to moving in? Or already moved in?
        What is the next step to getting them to supers?

https://youtube.com/shorts/BYUn6s4eBng?feature=share
        A sure way to tell is to watch them and see if any bees are coming in with pollen on their legs. If so you got them ! I left a swarm in the box for three weeks then moved them to a 10frame deep.

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Does anyone make their own hive boxes or swarm traps? Or suck it up and buy deep setups from Amazon

Comment

Does anyone make their own hive boxes or swarm traps? Or suck it up and buy deep setups from Amazon
              Make your own.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7E7C00D4-E86D-4CEB-9B48-5D30CA3DB1A4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	24654206

Comment

I have made my own in the past. For the time it takes me, I’m better off buying them. I usually get the unassembled ones from Mannlake.

Comment

Thought this was a pretty wild picture. Shipping bees to the Midwest right now. Hives are booming and when we stockpile bees in a different yard to load then where they had been they will sometimes get confused or more often probably just lazy and pile up on a certain hive, in this case an entire pallet. Also doesn’t help that it’s 100 degrees with 100% humidity… ..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                    Anymore updates on the Flowhive?
                    It appears I am not gonna get any honey this year. Very little honey production in all of my hives. I do not understand whats up with that....lots of blooming this year.

Presently, they are putting nectar in the Flowhive. I just installed another one back in May, they are putting wax on it now. Maybe I will get some honey late....don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                      Thought this was a pretty wild picture. Shipping bees to the Midwest right now. Hives are booming and when we stockpile bees in a different yard to load then where they had been they will sometimes get confused or more often probably just lazy and pile up on a certain hive, in this case an entire pallet. Also doesn’t help that it’s 100 degrees with 100% humidity… ..
                      That is impressive

Comment

Got a call to remove a swarm. But there were not any bees to be found.

Comment

late season swarm picked up today
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0687.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	24654303

Comment

I make a swarm trap out of solid pine, available in crockett Texas for $40.

Comment

I just did my first wild hive harvest. A water meter box. It went NOTHING like what YouTube said it would go like. I’m pretty sure I got the queen but pretty sure I left half the hive behind. It started raining right after I broke into it. Comb was soft and full of honey. It was super messy. My rubber bands didn’t fit my frames. My dumb self brought a medium box and frames cause I didn’t have any deeps available. I will be getting more deeps. That sucked. But I didn’t get stung!

Comment

I just did my first wild hive harvest. A water meter box. It went NOTHING like what YouTube said it would go like. I’m pretty sure I got the queen but pretty sure I left half the hive behind. It started raining right after I broke into it. Comb was soft and full of honey. It was super messy. My rubber bands didn’t fit my frames. My dumb self brought a medium box and frames cause I didn’t have any deeps available. I will be getting more deeps. That sucked. But I didn’t get stung!
                                Awesome! You learning....that's good

Comment

Working...
                                X