No announcement yet.

2021 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Im kinda shocked that a few others havent ordered one. I know it is pricey but there arent much more than those $90k trucks rolling around town these days.

Comment

I’m trying to create generational wealth but I’m still one generation too close to the trailer park to be ordering one of these. I had a $65k Cummins and I knew Dave Ramsey was talking to me that first night of Financial Peace University. We “amputated the Tahoe” and I currently cruise a sweet 06 Ram 2500 gasser for $0.00 per month.

This does not apply to you old, rich guys. This is for us dumb rednecks in our 20’s - 40’s making money for the first time and not knowing how to make it work for us. If you’re still with me, here’s an example.

You take this $100,000 price tag and finance this car for 8 years at 5%. In 8 years, with interest, you have turned $147,746 into a $20,000 used car. Now, if you take that $1,539 monthly payment (not including money saved on insurance) and invest that into a money market account with average 10% annual returns, in those 8 years you will have turned $147,746 into $214,797. If you’re 35 years old and keep doing just this amount of money that you “can afford the monthly payment on”, if you can not try to have the nicest F-250 & Ranger at the lease, if you put just that $1,539 into that account every month, at 65 years old you turned that lifetime of monthly car payments into $3,067,172 and a ranch of your own with your last name on the gate. I ain’t ever seen my last name on a ranch gate, but I will.

Sorry to poop on your thread, but if I can reach one and keep ‘em from a life if indentured servitude, maybe the Lord will continue to bless me.

Comment

I like to keep my wife in a <5 year old vehicle for peace of mind, and fortunately she is reasonable with her vehicle preferences…kind of. I keep trucks for 10-12 years normally, so it really hurts when you see the delta between sticker price from last time to next time. 2 more years of notes and no payment for the next 5-6…and keep low mileage on my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
          I’m trying to create generational wealth but I’m still one generation too close to the trailer park to be ordering one of these. I had a $65k Cummins and I knew Dave Ramsey was talking to me that first night of Financial Peace University. We “amputated the Tahoe” and I currently cruise a sweet 06 Ram 2500 gasser for $0.00 per month.

This does not apply to you old, rich guys. This is for us dumb rednecks in our 20’s - 40’s making money for the first time and not knowing how to make it work for us. If you’re still with me, here’s an example.

You take this $100,000 price tag and finance this car for 8 years at 5%. In 8 years, with interest, you have turned $147,746 into a $20,000 used car. Now, if you take that $1,539 monthly payment (not including money saved on insurance) and invest that into a money market account with average 10% annual returns, in those 8 years you will have turned $147,746 into $214,797. If you’re 35 years old and keep doing just this amount of money that you “can afford the monthly payment on”, if you can not try to have the nicest F-250 & Ranger at the lease, if you put just that $1,539 into that account every month, at 65 years old you turned that lifetime of monthly car payments into $3,067,172 and a ranch of your own with your last name on the gate. I ain’t ever seen my last name on a ranch gate, but I will.

Sorry to poop on your thread, but if I can reach one and keep ‘em from a life if indentured servitude, maybe the Lord will continue to bless me.
          Who’s this Dave Ramsey you speak of?

Comment

Just think how many Krivoman blinds you could buy?

Nice ride!

Comment

Then maybe dont poop on my thread and start your own and you might reach more than one? FYI, Ive taught many young people the principles you speak of. I guess I should have directed my thread to old rich guys only.
              Last edited by rtp; 06-12-2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Then maybe dont poop on my thread and start your own and you might reach more than one? FYI, Ive taught many young people the principles you speak of. I guess I should have directed my thread to old rich guys only.
                How dare you (or your wife) spend money that you rightfully made. Don’t come to us asking for handouts when you can’t feed yourself. LMAO! Can’t anyone just be happy for someone instead of telling them how wrong they are.

Nice ride. I’m not much on the grille but in will grow on me I’m sure.

Comment

While I don’t disagree with living within one’s means and such…….your assumption of a 10% money market and the math you use is way off.

On one hand you are assuming that the person is financing 100% of the vehicle and on your savings plan you are assuming that the person has $147M to invest.

Once again……I don’t disagree with you in principle but your math/assumptions are WAAAAAAY off.

Comment

Awesome ride. Bought my wife a loaded Lincoln Navi L recently and it’s been awesome and needed traveling with kiddos. We talked about waiting for the Jeep since she loved her Grand Cherokee SRT, but she fell in love with the navigator. Looking forward to your review when y’all get to driving it.

Comment

What no Woody

Comment

Finally a good looking Jeep!! Reminds me of a Lincoln Navigator,and I like them too.Very nice rig!!

Comment

A 10% money market , heck yeah sign me up!
                          (I've been getting robbed )

Can't wait to see pics on the new Jeep!

Comment

Comment

For that kind of money it better come with 5 acres

Good lookin ride

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                                A 10% money market , heck yeah sign me up!
                                (I've been getting robbed )

Can't wait to see pics on the new Jeep!
                                Me too! I need to slide about a half mill into one of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X