Anyone use VOIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use VOIP

Looking to change my office/home phone over to VOIP. Anyone use this and if so who do you recommend. Do you have to have a special VOIP phone to use it?

There is an option thru oomph and it uses 4g, kinda like a cell phone for the house.

Thanks.

We do for our office. It has worked well

It’s through at&t

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
      We do for our office. It has worked well

It’s through at&t
      Thanks, trying to get away from at&t

Comment

I have it for a home phone (AT&T fiber) it does work the same. I haven’t missed a sales call since switching

Comment

I would guess 80% of our customers use it. Quality is hit or miss....................

Comment

Very popular and works well for voice but it can cause issues with some sound frequencies. If you have equipment that will require a specific frequency say 30HZ it could bean issue with VOIP. Subdivision entry gate systems are an example. You won't know until you try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
              Thanks, trying to get away from at&t
              There is almost no getting away from AT&T. You can send your money to a third party if you want. Went you need a technician don’t be shocked when AT&T shows up.

VOIP is just regular telephone service over your existing internet. If your internet is reliable then your VOIP will be also

Comment

It's great until the internet goes out LOL, but I like it and you can get digital fax as well.

Comment

I use magic jack. Its like $30 a year and we have not had any problems at all with it. Do it all yourself. Plug it into router and wall and you are set.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    I use magic jack. Its like $30 a year and we have not had any problems at all with it. Do it all yourself. Plug it into router and wall and you are set.
                    Same here. And phone message get sent to email. We don't keep the home phone plugged in.

Comment

Rotney

Look into Ooma as an otpion as well. Can keep your current number. We have been using it for 10 + years and never an issue

Ooma is a state of the art internet phone service provider for home and business, plus smart security systems. Call 877-353-5168 to learn more!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        There is almost no getting away from AT&T. You can send your money to a third party if you want. Went you need a technician don’t be shocked when AT&T shows up.

VOIP is just regular telephone service over your existing internet. If your internet is reliable then your VOIP will be also
                        This ^^^.
                        We install em all the time.
                        Lose power in a storm, blackout, etc...it ain't gonna work like a normal land line is the only drawback.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                          Rotney

Look into Ooma as an otpion as well. Can keep your current number. We have been using it for 10 + years and never an issue

https://www.ooma.com/
                          Thanks Tom. I meant ooma in my original post.

Are you using the 4K or the internet version.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                            Same here. And phone message get sent to email. We don't keep the home phone plugged in.
                            Talked with them today. Possibility

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              This ^^^.
                              We install em all the time.
                              Lose power in a storm, blackout, etc...it ain't gonna work like a normal land line is the only drawback.
                              Right now, I wish nothing worked. Bout fed up with this crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X