X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
    Missing a link?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    Apologies, this was in response to Jofus' post containing the IRAY response.

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
      Yes, interesting that iray said nothing about all his missed shots. The scope has been out in Europe for a while correct? So any lag issue should have been known about/fixed already...He seems like a competent shooter tho who would know how to zero a thermal, having had several in the past...
      Not sure if the scope has been released in other markets or not. He does seem like a competant shooter and I will admit it does look like he is dead on the animal when the trigger is pulled on some of those hogs that he missed. I just dont know who to give the benifit of the doubt to because I do not know this gentleman and I don't know anything about Iray other than what I have seen has looked impressive and they are saying all the right things.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        Exactly this. Auto nuke sucks period. Cost me at least 1 coyote last tournament I hunted right about the time he stopped and I lined up to kill him it nuked. By time it it came back on he was moving and he wasn't stopping a second time. After that stand I played with it and turned on semi auto. No issues rest of the night. Has done the same thing pig hunting as well. Go read your first post you claim auto nuk is not a problem at all. That is false. The semi auto function is awesome though.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
        agreed! and thank you .. if auto nuk is not a problem for you, you just don't hunt enough ... like i said i used that pulsar once , and was wishing i had my trijicon.

on a good side note , i just received my tracking number for my AGM Taipan 15 , it's gonna get helmet mounted and i hope i can disable the nuk when i'm riding the bike ... a 2 second freeze could end up putting me in a tree at 40MPH. if i can't i'll just go slow ...

Comment

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

I tend to think iRay’s explanation is accurate. If there were a lag in the display I think I’d notice it in real-time.

Just like playing a video game on a high latency tv, the difference in input response between a 15ms lag and 64ms lag is noticeable.

The Rico Mk1 is available in Asia and Europe under the name RH50. The mk1’s sku number is RH50 on the iRay USA website.

Comment

Originally posted by jofus View Post
            I tend to think iRay’s explanation is accurate. If there were a lag in the display I think I’d notice it in real-time.

Just like playing a video game on a high latency tv, the difference in input response between a 15ms lag and 64ms lag is noticeable.

The Rico Mk1 is available in Asia and Europe under the name RH50. The mk1’s sku number is RH50 on the iRay USA website.
            I wish that the gentleman that made this video would have ended his first video showing that his gun was 100% dead on. I think his claim would be more substantiaed if he was shooting at the hand warmers like he did at the beginning of the video and the cross hairs had not been moved in several seconds, the trigger is pulled and if it is dead on then I would be more inclined to give him teh benifit of the doubt that there is a lag issue.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
              Saw that earlier. Just got my Thermion in yesterday. But the only difference I saw was the lens. Going to a 1.0 from a 1.2. Mine was on order from July so I’m happy with it. Don’t want to wait another 6 months.
              I think you will enjoy the xq38. I have been teaching those fannin co hogs that they aren't the only ones having fun after dark anymore. Sux you had to wait that long to get in the game. I was able to purchase 2 xq38's on amazon and optics planet and there was no wait and I got a discount. I also got a axion key xm30 scanner on amazon for 1500 off as a return item and still has full warranty. This was when no one had the xq38's in stock. Now I have to see how long it's going to take to fill bois d arc up. The way they keep letting water out it's going to be a while

Comment

Not the best video in the world but a successful one. One of my friends was using my BIL's Wraith HD 4x and did not turn on the IR light. I am actually glad he did it because it shows how good of an image it can display without it. My BIL is seriously considering getting the 2x model but he is trying to decide if he wants to get the 4k, the trade off being less FOV with the 4k since it is 3x.......... and then there is the cost that doesnt help.

Ended up with two dead hogs from the video. Second and third shots looked like misses which leads me to believe he hit two with the first shot. However we found the second pig in the direction that the last pig ran off so not sure if that third shot bouced off the ground and ended up hitting him lol.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-alYgVbITZw"]Sightmark Wraith HD 4x Hog Hunt #2 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                  Not the best video in the world but a successful one. One of my friends was using my BIL's Wraith HD 4x and did not turn on the IR light. I am actually glad he did it because it shows how good of an image it can display without it. My BIL is seriously considering getting the 2x model but he is trying to decide if he wants to get the 4k, the trade off being less FOV with the 4k since it is 3x.......... and then there is the cost that doesnt help.

Ended up with two dead hogs from the video. Second and third shots looked like misses which leads me to believe he hit two with the first shot. However we found the second pig in the direction that the last pig ran off so not sure if that third shot bouced off the ground and ended up hitting him lol.

Sightmark Wraith HD 4x Hog Hunt #2 - YouTube
                  I ordered wraith HD 2x from opticplanet and it just showed shipped today. 99% of our hog hunting will be under 100 yds. I’m hoping the Ir light on the unit is good. I’m hearing a lot of guys are upgrading to a better IR light like the coyote cannon but I think they’re shooting 300+.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                    I ordered wraith HD 2x from opticplanet and it just showed shipped today. 99% of our hog hunting will be under 100 yds. I’m hoping the Ir light on the unit is good. I’m hearing a lot of guys are upgrading to a better IR light like the coyote cannon but I think they’re shooting 300+.
                    I think you will be fine under 100 yards with the factory IR. As you mentioned there are better options that will give a better picture but it isnt going to help you kill more hogs at 100 yards or less. Glad to hear you got a 2x, the 4x is way to much.

Comment

I think that you will be thrilled with that model. The factory IR is perfectly fine for 100 yards and beyond. I do have a Sniper hog lights 50 LRX, which is nice, and not huge like the Coyote Canon. It may be brighter than the factory IR, but way more than needed. The only downside to the factory IR is that it just has low, medium and high settings, the 50LRX has a rheostat dial and is quieter. (and that's nit picking) Be sure and post some videos of your hunts.

Comment

I run a 2x and stock IR is fine for 100 yds. But I run a cannon because many times I am wanting to identify critters out to 400 some of the places I hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          I run a 2x and stock IR is fine for 100 yds. But I run a cannon because many times I am wanting to identify critters out to 400 some of the places I hunt.

Does the stock bracket fit the coyote cannon ? Just wondering what I would need to mount it.

Comment

Does the stock bracket fit the coyote cannon ? Just wondering what I would need to mount it.
                            What gun are you putting it on?

Comment

both are rail mounted. scope has rail on top of it. but, mounting the IR light under the gun is a better option for less flash for follow up shots.

Comment

Took out a couple of fellas from Kentucky on their first hog hunt last night and we broke in the Hogster R35. I was super pleased with this thermal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X