TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
    who did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?
    A guy named Charles at our Chisholm trail club

Comment

We pick ours up today. 2 complete sets. We have done classes, watched videos and read articles and joined a club. We are going to do our best and understand that it won't (bee) perfect but we'll learn as we go I'm sure.

Comment

A few pics of some of ‘20 splits that are moving along well, most are double stacked now....
        are you getting like 50# out of those singles? whats like your average for the year per single?

man i know nothing, but this is some good reading.

Comment

Originally posted by dxtbowhunter View Post
          A guy named Charles at our Chisholm trail club
          good deal, you'll enjoy them!

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
            are you getting like 50# out of those singles? whats like your average for the year per single?

man i know nothing, but this is some good reading.
            50# in reference to honey? I don't usually harvest off of my splits unless its a great year. In that case they get double stacked with deeps and usually a medium put on them. On my stronger well established hives they keep both their deep brood boxes and get another deep or two for honey depending on the nectar flow. Each deep nets about 58-60# of honey.

Comment

Nice work! Most hives are fairly skinny from building brood numbers in anticipation for the nectar flow that time of the year. Minimal honey during a cutout is definitely better. Less mess, least sticky bees to die, and less robbing during the cutout!
              Yessir, it was an easy removal, clean, made 3 splits, biggest Queen I have ever seen.

Do you clip the wings of your Queens?

Best thread on TBH

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Yessir, it was an easy removal, clean, made 3 splits, biggest Queen I have ever seen.

Do you clip the wings of your Queens?

Best thread on TBH

I don’t usually, but I know some that do.

Comment

got a text from land owner with a pic of a swarm on the bottom of one of my traps, quick trip, scooped them up, now in a hive at my house.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0575.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	24616290

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg View Post
                    got a text from land owner with a pic of a swarm on the bottom of one of my traps, quick trip, scooped them up, now in a hive at my house.
                    [ATTACH]1001148[/ATTACH]
                    That is sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                      Have any of yall seen this?? I think it could help individuals get into beekeeping easier..

https://www.honeyflow.com/?utm_sourc...content=febCOM
                      Update on the Flowhive. It appears it is gonna work. The bees have taken to it and are depositing nectar in the cells, I think that was my doubt that it wouldn't work. Should have some honey very soon. I will make a vid and send it to someone to post.

Comment

anyone know of someone in Garza county that would like to relocate a large hive living in a old house well box? Please pm me so I don't have to kill these bees.

Comment

what is a standard split share for a land owner? thanks.

great thread! im watching jp the cajun bee dude. yall got me hooked.

Comment

I have an important question, that has never occurred to me.

Is old comb bad for bees? I have some old comb from last years recovery that the bees got into. The bees seem to like it. It seems to be very clean, it has never shown any Wax Moths in it. It smells good.

Comment

I picked these up the other day.

Brought them to one of my bee yards to transfer.

This was on top of the grate.

This was underneath.

Here’s where they live now. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a lot of bees!

Comment

Working...
                                X