Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Limp noodle...Ha!

Itll be interesting to see the difference in your previous setup momentum and new arrow setup momentum.

Good luck on the tuning hokey pokey Ikeman...I hope the new system is an al dente killer.
    Momentum or Kinetic Energy?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      Momentum or Kinetic Energy?

Momentum.

I am significantly less concerned with KE than I am momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

" But i pass through on all my shots with 375gn and a mechanical head"

just wanted to point out that the shooting both dots on the picture are not the same yet mechanical manufacturers recommend shooting the blue dot....wonder why?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked03a54ddcfa55ca7a05180b49ec15680e_LI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	24608929
        Last edited by Abu_dude; 02-20-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Very interesting thread, I have never put this much thought into the specifics of arrow & bow specs. I have always preferred speed and accuracy instead of shock force.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post

just wanted to point out that the shooting both dots on the picture are not the same yet mechanical manufacturers recommend shooting the blue dot....wonder why?

[ATTACH]992841[/ATTACH]
            I hate mechanicals..... but I’ve been in this game a long time and never heard anyone promoting that shot.

As for the other dot, I’ve shot and been on numerous hunts where 385-420gr have broken both legs even cutting/ breaking a leg off with box store, off the shelf broadheads. Again a deer ain’t that tough an animal

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              I hate that you don’t care about anyone’s thoughts about killing potential with an arrow. Ashby did his studies using traditional equipment. Today’s compounds produce considerably more speed. Arrow speed throws a kink in Ashby’s studies. Hurricanes can drive a broom stick through an oak tree. All I’m saying is that a whitetail is not the animal to start building heavyweight arrows to kill.
              this is incorrect. compound bows were used in the studies. its all in there. you just must-read.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                What are the tears telling you?
                looking at the 300 spine shots. this alone tells me his bow is set up incorrectly.
                this means at this point everything he is doing is wrong.

IkemanTx. Whoever is telling you how to use this test kit doesn't understand what is going on. you need to step back and set your bow correctly.
                Last edited by enewman; 02-21-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post

[ATTACH]992841[/ATTACH]
                  I aim for the green dot, shooting mechanicals. That’s the perfect shot. That is not punching through shoulders, reality is if you hit scapula or leg bone, it’s a poor shot.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    I aim for the green dot, shooting mechanicals. That’s the perfect shot. That is not punching through shoulders, reality is if you hit scapula or leg bone, it’s a poor shot.
                    Is it a poor shot? Or is it reality because animals move?

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                      Post #74

Comment

Time for adult arrows....

A bad shot is a bad shot. Doesn’t matter the reason. Nobody goes out and intentionally makes a bad shot. Animals move, misjudge yardage, get antsy, pull the shot, hit a limb etc. the end result is the same.
                        Last edited by panhandlehunter; 02-21-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                          Post #74
                          ok, what if the animal moves not before but after the shot?

Comment

A bad shot is a bad shot. Doesn’t matter the reason. Nobody goes out and intentionally makes a bad shot. Animals move, misjudge yardage, get antsy, pull the shot, hit a limb etc. the end result is the same.
                            you are correct no one ever intentionally makes a bad shot. but some can be prevented. correct arrow build.

example if you are the type that shoots far back, then use a mechanical head. chances are greater of hitting the guts.

I shoot forward and low. I have a greater chance of hitting bone. I build arrows for this reason.

always a way to do things to help when crap goes bad.

Comment

ok, what if the animal moves not before but after the shot?
                              That's what I meant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe people do go out and intentionally make bad shots, just look at how many posts there are about wanting setups to brake shoulder joints. Being able to “ safety” take frontal, head on shots. Not being concerned if they are off a little or or the animal isn’t in perfect position. I understand bad shots happen, but a lot go in thinking their” heavy” setup will make bad shots, good shots. I think that is why a number of people are switching to heavier arrows, it’s pretty obvious when you read enough posts.
                                Last edited by critter69; 02-21-2020, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X