SBR at the range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
    You took a hard left and went WAY off course with a claim about what "no one on this thread" is talking about.
    Question: how does this store's policy stop a school from getting shot up? You think Johnny and his Maglite can are going to admit he doesn't have any paperwork then hang out at the shop for a day while the feds fly down on request to check him out?
    If I’m understanding your hypo correctly, the answer is not that the range’s policy stopped the school shooting, it’s that if a shooting occurred and if your Johnny had practiced a the range with his illegal weapons and no one took the 30 seconds to do some diligence, the range’s liability would be compounded.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      If I’m understanding your hypo correctly, the answer is not that the range’s policy stopped the school shooting, it’s that if a shooting occurred and if your Johnny had practiced a the range with his illegal weapons and no one took the 30 seconds to do some diligence, the range’s liability would be compounded.
      Possibly.

It’s your Johnny and I get your angle— it’s logical. However it’s no different from having them check your mental health status, especially now that these red flag laws are being kicked around— or from them doing weapons inspections to make sure your barrel is proper length and you don’t have an illegal sear in your AR. What if you shoulder your arm brace in front of a range officer?
      Overreach is what all of this is called and hypotheticals about what some attorney could gain from it aren’t justification.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        <snip> hypotheticals about what some attorney could gain from it aren’t justification.
        Well sure they are, for the range owner. He's trying to cover his azz. The couple jimmies he rustles amongst the Mike Ds of the world are worth it to him if he can show he did what he could to make sure crime wasn't occurring on his property under his watch.

To repeat, I'm not saying I like it. I'm saying that's the world we live in now.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          To repeat, I'm not saying I like it. I'm saying that's the world we live in now.
          My local range does not choose to stick their nose in my business, so it's the world that people who choose to support such a business live in.

Comment

Good thing they never check wives mental capacity at the range lol. Theyd never be let in.

Comment

Working...
            X