No announcement yet.

Ford Guys - tire clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing you are going to find is that guys will tell you that they run "XX" size tire with no rubbing. That may be true on level ground. Full up travel on the suspension (like running into a hole or trench at full lock) is where you find out if your tires actually rub or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
      I have 315/70/17 on my 2017 f150 and they dont rub. Mine is a 2wd with 2in level.
      Pic?

Comment

First pic is stock, 275/55/20
        Second pic is 2” leveling kit, 275/65/20 falken AT3Ws

I originally said I was going with 305/55s, but I didn’t want wider, just taller.
        Attached Files

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Much better. I wish the factory would send them out like this.

Comment

That looks good. Did your ride quality change at all? I suspect a nicer, smoother ride with the taller sidewalls.

Comment

Originally posted by GigEmAgs07 View Post
                  First pic is stock, 275/55/20
                  Second pic is 2” leveling kit, 275/65/20 falken AT3Ws

I originally said I was going with 305/55s, but I didn’t want wider, just taller.
                  I'd be interested in hearing how much it affects your mileage. I'm planning on going up when I get tires too, most likely to this same size.

Comment

Originally posted by bigt6450 View Post
                    I'd be interested in hearing how much it affects your mileage. I'm planning on going up when I get tires too, most likely to this same size.
                    We are going to the lake this weekend. I will let you know what I get on that tank. Then the next time I fill up, I will let you know how it did driving around Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by orlybow View Post
                      That looks good. Did your ride quality change at all? I suspect a nicer, smoother ride with the taller sidewalls.
                      To be honest, I haven't really noticed a change in ride quality at all. I was trying to find a difference, but the truck feels like it always had. It's been pretty smooth since day 1.

Comment

If you do not mind can you post receipt image? I may try and do the same and would like to see if they will price match their own store not just an online price.

Comment

Let me go see what I have. They price matched amazon when I originally ordered the 305/55/20s. I paid in full so I have a receipt showing that.

But then I switched tires, so I had that money as a credit, which was applied to the 275/65/20s. Those tires were about $30 more per tire. Which I had them price match Wal Mart on. They originally wanted close to $300/tire, when Wal MArt had them at $245/tire.

I'll PM you the receipts this evening.

Comment

Working...
                          X