No announcement yet.

Opening day dove report thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be in El Campo Friday afternoon for the special white-wing season this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be in the field in the morning and again tomorrow afternoon with a double barrel in my hand. Hoping to burn some gun powder.

Comment

Good luck to everyone. I'll be in the field in Creedmore tx.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
          They were thick as thieves in Justin a couple days ago. Pretty sparse now.
          They started harvesting some milo around, that usually mixes them up some.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Will you be watching the sun rise over the muzzle of a shotgun in the morning? Hitting the fields tomorrow afternoon? Good luck to everyone - post your reports here. I will be hunting just north of Abilene - sunflowers are shredded and ready - hoping the birds are there too.
            That’s where we are headed. Got sunflowers shredded. Saw some birds a couple of weeks ago but not loaded down. You have any report for that area

Comment

I'll be in Uvalde hoping for some birds. If not, Good Company, Cold beer and steaks!

Comment

Not looking too promising in Grayson/Denton county area, last week there were gobs of birds, dont really know where they went.

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                  I’ll be in El Campo Friday afternoon for the special white-wing season this weekend.

Who are you hunting with in El Campo? My buddy run's some hunts there.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                    Who are you hunting with in El Campo? My buddy run's some hunts there.

Keith Sullivan

Comment

Too busy to go during the week this year...we had it planned but had to cancel. And I planned on knocking out a big portion of my trim work this weekend since I was going to hunt opening day...so no plans there. Hopefully we'll put a hurtin' on em in the panhandle and down south on the 2nd and 3rd weekends....and possibly the 4th.. Good luck to yall that get to go!!

Comment

I saw very few doves in northern Erath county this past weekend. Although, I've never seen numbers worth hunting around opening day in the ten years I've owned the place. They don't show up until December.

Comment

We were supposed to be just south of Abilene but guy said they aren't seeing any birds. He didn't want to take our money with no birds. Glad he was honest and I bought insurance on my room so I could cancel it

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

First Opening Day of dove season I am missing in a LONG time. Y'all give em hell! Remember, that third shot is probably not going to connect but it feels good to try.

Comment

Heading to Edinburg on Friday for the Special White-Winged days. And possibly to Mexico the following weekend if i can get shells over there. It looks shot shells are pretty scarce across the boarder, dont know why since Academy is still selling Aguila ammo. But in any case good luck to all.

Comment

Not hardly any dove here in north Waller county. Too much grass. They like the dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X