Opening day dove report thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening day dove report thread!

Will you be watching the sun rise over the muzzle of a shotgun in the morning? Hitting the fields tomorrow afternoon? Good luck to everyone - post your reports here. I will be hunting just north of Abilene - sunflowers are shredded and ready - hoping the birds are there too.

Headed to Wichita Falls today to hunt with muddy water outfitters tomorrow and then headed to Brownsville Thursday to hunt Friday and Saturday! I’ll post how we do. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Looked real good in denton county about 10 days ago. Scouted yesterday and looked slim. Beer will be cold and the food will be tasty.

Comment

Has it always been

"Legal Shooting Hours From one-half hour before sunrise to sunset."

Why is it not 1/2 hour after sunset?

Comment

Good luck everyone! I won't be able to get out till Saturday morning

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought some folks were getting an early start was looking forward to some pics.

Comment

We don't get to start till Friday (this is a first to have 3 days) & afternoon hunts only for the first two weekends before our regular starts...little chance of rain so watching the skies too.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Has it always been

Yes, been that way for migratory birds such as dove and duck as far back as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  Has it always been

I believe the reasoning to be because the birds are trying to get to roost.

Comment

They were thick as thieves in Justin a couple days ago. Pretty sparse now.

Comment

Noticed more white wings around town, may just be city birds though. I will probably go out tomorrow afternoon. Have an invite to sit on a friends stock tank.

Comment

I'll miss the morning but should be knock'n 'em down tomorrow evening.

Comment

I wish.

Comment

I will be in Abilene Friday night and on the south side of town Saturday. A run to the Tye area north of town Sunday or Monday. Hope they are flying!

Comment

Well ours ended before it started. Outfitter texted this morning and said no birds so this will be the first opener I will be missing in I don't know how long. I do appreciate his honesty though.

Comment

Working...
                              X