No announcement yet.

What's a trophy pig weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my trophy, I even had him mounted.
    Attached Files

Comment

I've only killed one with my bow that reached the 250 mark. Two others between 210-225. I've still never killed one 300 with a bow or rifle. I've killed tons of hogs over the years with a bow and never thought about them being a trophy. I just drag most of those big old boars off for the buzzards and coyotes.

Comment

Good sized pigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bout #40-#50 it a true crack in half trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            275lbs plus with a bow.....

[ATTACH]1060960[/ATTACH]
            What did the hog weigh Hero?😝

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Lmao. Hush!

I’ve seen some euro mounts since being on here and wished I would have saved some of the big ones I’ve bow killed in the past. I’ve always hunted them just so they didn’t run the deer off.

Hahahaha...I got the one above euroed for my home office and I won't do anymore .... Love hunting them these days with a bow . See a pig...shoot a pig..

Comment

We kill a bunch with thermal. Anything over 250 gets us pretty pumped up.

We started weighing all the bigger ones just to have a reference and lots of times they look a lot bigger on the ground than what the scales say. Biggest we’ve put on the scales so far has been 295 and 286. We killed a few Barr hogs before we started carrying scales that we bigger than the 295 but can’t prove we’ve killed a 300+pounder

Fat barr

Comment

What's a trophy pig weight?

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                  This is my trophy, I even had him mounted.

That’s a big pig

Comment

ive killed a few big ones over the years everyone asks what did it weigh? i have no idea as ive never weighed but a couple. for me a trophy hog is a hog that ive specifically set up to hunt the traits i look for are a long snout indicationg 7 yrs old or so with big cutters the more scarred up the better.

Comment

The size that folks consider a trophy hog has a lot to do with the area that is being hunted, just like deer.

The Glades and Lake Okeechobee area area produces a lot of 325-390# bar hogs, even tho everyone kills 400# ones until a scale is involved. lol My biggest gun hog was 388 and bow was 345. Best chance for a weight hog down there is after a good acorn crop and hunt in December and January.

To balance things out though, the biggest deer out of the sawgrass was 128# on the hoof and around the Lake was 186#.

The hogs I have around here in East Texas don't seem to run quite as big, don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Wait, what???
                        I thought it was 271???
                        Tim, I would say anything over 250. The biggest we put on scale here was 282, shot by a 16 year old girl!!!
                        One of the better ones was around 250 and had GREAT cutters. That guy wouldn’t even take the head. I drug it off and planned to come back later and get the skull. Never could find it.

Comment

I would look at the cutters more than the weight.
                          309 lbs with 4” cutter.
                          Taken with the dogs. It was a heck of a fight.

You might think that you're redneck
                          But I'm rednecker than you

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                            We kill a bunch with thermal. Anything over 250 gets us pretty pumped up.

We started weighing all the bigger ones just to have a reference and lots of times they look a lot bigger on the ground than what the scales say. Biggest we’ve put on the scales so far has been 295 and 286. We killed a few Barr hogs before we started carrying scales that we bigger than the 295 but can’t prove we’ve killed a 300+pounder

Fat barr

You boy need to leave them pigs alone [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                              I would look at the cutters more than the weight.
                              309 lbs with 4” cutter.
                              Taken with the dogs. It was a heck of a fight.

You might think that you're redneck
                              But I'm rednecker than you
                              Big pig with dogs is legit! Hope none got chopped up to bad.
                              Nothing against anyone else’s.

The very first pig I killed with dogs in 2006 gutted weighed right at 250lbs on the scale. Have killed several bigger, but have not put anything else on the scale.

Wife and I killed one with biggest teeth a couple years ago. It made its rounds on a few Facebook groups. (One of the other guys posted it everywhere)
                              Attached Files

Comment

For me it’s 250+

Comment

Working...
                                X