No announcement yet.

What's a trophy pig weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've killed some 225+ boars but none with great teeth.
    Killed one that was only 178, had great teeth but I gave the pig to a friend to eat (told him I needed the head back) and they boiled the head for the meat and threw it away.
    Biggest I've killed with a trad bow scaled 210 and looked a whole lot bigger on the hoof to me but it was down in 50 yards from a great shot so it was a trophy to me. No teeth though.
    Our sandy soil tends to keep the teeth worn down I think. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201016_211734.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	24661252

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of'em
      I've never killed one.
      Hunted'em a few times. Never saw one, with a rifle in hand.
      Go figure.

Comment

My cousins kid. His first hog hunt. Was over 250 but from there no idea. Im 250 and he made me looks small. He was too deep into the woods for me and his dad to drag out. We each had a hoof and it took alot to drag him just back onto my side of the fence.
        Attached Files

Comment

Over 300 for me. Got four so far. With 370lbs on scale being my biggest.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

250+ is a stud to me!

I have killed 4 over 300(all in tact Wild hogs) and still love killing big pigs

I killed a 250 ish this weekend with the biggest cutters I think I have ever killed

Comment

Anything with cutters over 4 inches long. Weight don't mean squat if'n they carrying the right hardware. Euro mounts don't care what it weighed.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Anything with cutters over 4 inches long. Weight don't mean squat if'n they carrying the right hardware. Euro mounts don't care what it weighed.
                Well not all areas have huge cutter genetics. I seen 300+ wild hogs have little cutters.

Also seen pics of 175 lb hill country hogs with 4-5 inch cutters

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post

I'd think weight is more consistent considering many break one or both of those cutters/whetters off .

Comment

Comment

I’ve really never thought of a hog being a trophy at all. I’ve killed lots of them. Biggest ever weighed was 408 and trap caught. Most end up being coyote food. I keep a few to pit smoke every once in a while. Smoked a 60 lb sow yesterday.

Comment

Anything 250 and up but 300 is the line in the sand if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve killed a lot of pigs. My biggest is 272 lbs. There may have been one slightly larger than that but I didn’t weigh him.

The hog I chose to do a shoulder mount on was a spotted 258 pounder with huge cutters. That combo made him a true trophy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I’ve really never thought of a hog being a trophy at all. I’ve killed lots of them. .

Well thanks for making us all feel lesser than you...

Comment

Trophies should be measured in smiles and memories. Not not age weight and inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Well thanks for making us all feel lesser than you...
                                Lmao. Hush!

I’ve seen some euro mounts since being on here and wished I would have saved some of the big ones I’ve bow killed in the past. I’ve always hunted them just so they didn’t run the deer off.

Comment

Working...
                                X