Sure is nice to turn off the sprinklers in mid-August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure is nice to turn off the sprinklers in mid-August

We got almost 1" yesterday and I'm guessing more than that so far today. My house is under one of those red blobs at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	storm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	25256622

The rain is nice. I’m headed out west in the morning and hoping I can make it out to the place. Been raining pretty heavy out west

Comment

5.25 at ranch and 3.25 at house ...other then the Army worms issue this cant be beat !

Comment

I haven’t turned mine since my freeze repairs and everything is green and growing. Hope hurricane doesn’t humble us in our weather worship.

Comment

nvr turned mine on all year

Comment

Crazy summer so far. I just had to increase my increase my system on Friday here in the north part of Houston. Finally received .25" yesterday which was the first drop in over 3 weeks.

But before that it was rain every dang day it felt like.

Comment

I'm with Bruiser. However, Mom has watered her flowerbeds some off and on.

Problem has been mowing the yard without getting stuck. We got another 2 1/4" last night/this morning.

Comment

got 4.75" in Paradise yesterday. Been raining all morning today. probably at least another 3" if not more. My pond was running over when i got home yesterday.

Comment

I'd just like to make it 48hrs without rain!

Comment

I turned mine off 2 years ago. I'm not a "progressive" by any stretch, but watering my grass when we are most definitely headed for a water shortage problem just seemed...off.

The thermostat stays where it stays though, there is a simple solution to the power issue if they really wanted to solve it....so eff'em.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Crazy summer so far. I just had to increase my increase my system on Friday here in the north part of Houston. Finally received .25" yesterday which was the first drop in over 3 weeks.

But before that it was rain every dang day it felt like.
                      3 Weeks? lol

Comment

None in Round Rock a ton in Austin this week. Got the water on in the garden. Going to hold out one more day before the lawn sprinkler is used.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          3 Weeks? lol
                          Hence the crazy summer portion. 3 weeks can be a hot minute here in Houston

Comment

I can’t remember my pastures being this green in August....ever! This has been a great summer, mild and wet.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              Hence the crazy summer portion. 3 weeks can be a hot minute here in Houston
                              I don't really worry much until we get to the 3 month mark! Many years up here 3 months without rain is jus "June, July, and August".

Comment

Working...
                              X