This a known Tundra Problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This a known Tundra Problem??

I have a 2019 Tundra 4x4 TRD Sport. 109,790 miles. I haven’t needed to do anything other than brakes snd tires on this truck.

Randomly the 4lo and 4hi lights will flash together
    Simultaneously

Lights flashed on me a month ago on the way to work. Stopped and haven’t done it since. Jumped in the truck this morning, threw the truck in reverse, and boom, both lights flashing. They stopped by the time I got out of the neighborhood. Drove 1 mile and they started flashing again. Pulled into the gas station, put it in park and the lights went off. Sitting here idling now, no lights. Truck has 109,790 miles so I’m assuming Toyota will tell me to get bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

google says the indicator doesn't know where it is in one instance.

Another said oil temp sensor was out....??????

Comment

Secondary air pump. Mine did that and i replaced it at 150k miles. Disconnect the negative from the battery for 10 minutes and it will stop the flashing for awhile. If you don’t repair it the truck will eventually go into limp mode and not drive over 30 mph. If it does that, disconnect the negative wire again for 10m.

Someone makes a bypass you can install if you wanted. Google it.

Comment

That is crazy. I have a 2015 with 63,000 on. No problems yet.

Comment

Secondary air pump would have check engine light flashing as well. Did you cycle through 4wd and back to 2wd?

Comment

Check your negative ground cable connection. Inconsistent or sporadic breaks in contact can cause these kinds of weird happenings on any vehicle. It screws with the computer chips.

Comment

A ’19 with 109k???? Dang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                Secondary air pump. Mine did that and i replaced it at 150k miles. Disconnect the negative from the battery for 10 minutes and it will stop the flashing for awhile. If you don’t repair it the truck will eventually go into limp mode and not drive over 30 mph. If it does that, disconnect the negative wire again for 10m.

Someone makes a bypass you can install if you wanted. Google it.
                I'll see if I can find where I got mine. I bypassed that crap. In the past Toyota would warranty those out to 150k miles. Definitely a known problem. Have a code reader?

Edit: http://hewitt-tech.com/store/index.p...SAAEgIUd_D_BwE

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                  That is crazy. I have a 2015 with 63,000 on. No problems yet.
                  That's like a "little old lady who drove to church on Sundays" amount of miles.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                    Check your negative ground cable connection. Inconsistent or sporadic breaks in contact can cause these kinds of weird happenings on any vehicle. It screws with the computer chips.
                    This as well

Comment

I drive a 2014 with 64k on it. Nicest truck I ever had. Gonna keep it a long while. Had the last one till I think 280. That took 10 or 11 years.

Comment

Believe its an airpump issue, see if dealership will cover it.

Also have 19' tundra with 98k, haven't had this issue, 2015 tundra with 220k and no issues and 2012 with 150k and none.

Comment

Hello! My 2019 started having this issue on the way to work this morning. The 4hi and 4lo lights in the dash started to flash simultaneously and won't...

Comment

Been driving tundras since 04. First I've ever heard of this problem. Did you Google it?

Comment

I cracked a valve spring in my 2013 Tundra, and the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree, including the 4HI and 4LO. I think that is Toyota's way of suggesting that you get your truck to a shop quick. Eventually, my truck went into limp mode, and that was when I took mine in.

Comment

Working...
                              X