Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eventful DFW area pig hunt yesterday evening....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eventful DFW area pig hunt yesterday evening....

Great videos as usual.

Can’t wait for Oreo to go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Every dang time! But that’s why we do it!
      Oh I get it & got some sticks behind my belt before the rotator went out from trying to play mr gotta pull 80lbs over & over back in the day...I'm just jealous of all the bacon some of you guys get to collect.

Ours go nocturnal once the first shot is fired at the beginning of the season & is the darn'st thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        Oh I get it & got some sticks behind my belt before the rotator went out from trying to play mr gotta pull 80lbs over & over back in the day...I'm just jealous of all the bacon some of you guys get to collect.

Ours go nocturnal once the first shot is fired at the beginning of the season & is the darn'st thing.

Well hell I was including you in that "we" statement... I didn't realize you had to stop..

Comment

Originally posted by 4-fletch View Post
          Good shooting!wish I could get more daylight shots
          mostly at night around here.
          Congrats

Thanks man...I've been very fortunate with the day time hunts this year. We're also prepared to hunt after dark with Sniper bow mount hog lights but haven't had to do that since Decemberish-ish I believe......and before that it was a coin flip. Those same pigs are back already at 6:45 today... Northeast wind this Sat night...

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Awesome shot! Well done MrSmart.
            The “gimpy turkey” story is a trip. A fine bird.
            Was there a particular reason you pre dated your video to 4/24? I had to double check my watch.
            Thanks fellas...
            '

Great catch. I was working on an item due 4/24 and I'll be ****ed if my multitasking doesn't suck. I guess I got it in my head. Thanks for that.

Every dang time! But that’s why we do it!
            Had to do a double take on that date!!

Nice way to make good use of a late cool front.

Comment

Great video and
              Shot ... but was dark
              Vader in the blind with
              You after the shot ???
              Asking for a friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

****...I"m glad you said that....I forgot to add a shoutout to FND, Kyle and the Arkie Elite lover at CCR for getting my bow back in shape after I took a fall in the woods and tweaked the sight. Got her shooting back to normal!. Appreciate it fellas!
                Ain't no Arkie in Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  Ain't no Arkie in Arkansas.

Hahahahaha....I had to bait you in! Thanks for the help RB..

Comment

Well hell I was including you in that "we" statement... I didn't realize you had to stop..
                    I would need to re-arm / bow myself...I sold my one & only set-up being a pearson spoiler a long time ago. Got it back in the 90's & was shooting a finger tab with an over-draw which was kinda taboo at the time. Hurt myself so bad I couldn't even throw / play catch for a very very long while being a lefty tosser.

I'm back to prison workouts & doing push ups again so could very well likely get back into it with these new bow set ups pulling lighter draw weights...I just don't live for it like I did back then, but will admit I miss the rush. I only get the same with the firearm 50% of the time now which is weird as there is no rhyme or reason. It could be a deer or yote & I'll be either cool as a cucumber or shaking like a dog trying to crap out a chain.

I guess when the goofy feeling goes, it's time to hang it up.

Comment

Congrats Jason!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Addicting and fulfilling. Pigs are a bowhunting gift. All year round targets of opportunity.
                        Good job!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yee Hawg!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            I would need to re-arm / bow myself...I sold my one & only set-up being a pearson spoiler a long time ago. Got it back in the 90's & was shooting a finger tab with an over-draw which was kinda taboo at the time. Hurt myself so bad I couldn't even throw / play catch for a very very long while being a lefty tosser.

I'm back to prison workouts & doing push ups again so could very well likely get back into it with these new bow set ups pulling lighter draw weights...I just don't live for it like I did back then, but will admit I miss the rush. I only get the same with the firearm 50% of the time now which is weird as there is no rhyme or reason. It could be a deer or yote & I'll be either cool as a cucumber or shaking like a dog trying to crap out a chain.

I guess when the goofy feeling goes, it's time to hang it up.

I had a similar shoulder issue in 1991 that pulled me away for 14 years. I was hunting with a similar Golden Eagle 75ish lb bow ...and then I was introduced to the 50-60 lbs bow technology back in 2005. That changed my ability to draw comfortably with my right draw arm....and here we are today. Thankfully I was able to do so because duck hunting is a young mans' sport. I did it for 18 years and I know I couldn't hang doing what we used to do back then hunting public water in Texas and OK, nor do I want to find out..lol

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Addicting and fulfilling. Pigs are a bowhunting gift. All year round targets of opportunity.
                            Good job!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes sir....and plentiful!

Comment

Way to go, slacker.

Comment

Great shot and video, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X