Anyone shoot a 450 bushmaster AR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone shoot a 450 bushmaster AR?

I’m thinking bout getting one..but don’t know much about the caliber or setup..?

I do, or at least I have. I haven’t shot it much in the past few years, but it’s a hog slammer. I just like my 6.8s better for hog killing. The ammo is kind of expensive too. Mine is a Bushmaster and the ballistics paired well with a Nikon shotgun scope with the BDC reticle. Plenty accurate enough for hog killing up to a couple hundred yards.

Comment

Look at the 458 SOCOM

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        I do, or at least I have. I haven’t shot it much in the past few years, but it’s a hog slammer. I just like my 6.8s better for hog killing. The ammo is kind of expensive too. Mine is a Bushmaster and the ballistics paired well with a Nikon shotgun scope with the BDC reticle. Plenty accurate enough for hog killing up to a couple hundred yards.
        Why do you like the 6.8 better? More distance?

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKSTAR View Post
          Look at the 458 SOCOM
          I was actually looking at the 458 Socom first....

Comment

I shoot a socom and I’ll say this unless you reload it’s way overpriced even hand loads are pricey compared to the 450.

I’d imagine the 450 inside 200 would devastate anything, also IMO it’s a better subsonic round since it uses pistol bullets however you also give up some penetration and what not due to the pistol bullets.

Comment

I have one ... haven't shot it.
              I have a 458, too. I think you can watch the bullet fly, on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKSTAR View Post
                Look at the 458 SOCOM
                450 BM going to have better ballistics and a little faster.

Comment

We love my .450 but its a Bushmaster 16” upper.

Comment

I have the 458 socom that I just built, very accurate rifle and is a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                      450 BM going to have better ballistics and a little faster.
                      I’m hearing the 450 has less problems than the 458 overall....

Comment

Yes, really like mine. Ammo is about $1 each, like so many others - so not all that bad.

Living where I do, I'm very familiar with shooting shotguns with slugs and muzzleloaders.

450 Bushmaster offers very similar ballistics to these.

And recoil was really not bad.

Very cool round, that makes nice big holes should you need to follow a blood trail.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                          Yes, really like mine. Ammo is about $1 each, like so many others - so not all that bad.

Living where I do, I'm very familiar with shooting shotguns with slugs and muzzleloaders.

450 Bushmaster offers very similar ballistics to these.

And recoil was really not bad.

Very cool round, that makes nice big holes should you need to follow a blood trail.
                          Thank ya sir! 200 grain bullets?

Comment

I really like mine so far, but only about a box through it so far. The recoil was more than I was expecting, similar to a 3.5” 12g. Mine likes the Hornady FTX 250g. Only drawback is they haven’t been on the shelf in many places...or anything 450BM actually.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
                              I really like mine so far, but only about a box through it so far. The recoil was more than I was expecting, similar to a 3.5” 12g. Mine likes the Hornady FTX 250g. Only drawback is they haven’t been on the shelf in many places...or anything 450BM actually.
                              250 grain? That sounds good.... It’s like a 12 gauge 3 1/2 slug? I shoot 350 grain Buffalo Bore in my 45-70..so recoil shouldn’t be too much of a problem....

Comment

Working...
                              X