No announcement yet.

The Rimfire Handgun Thread….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Colt Woodsman Sport.. first model.. made in ‘38…
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      When I was 16 years old, my BIL purchased a Model 53 S&W for me. For y’all that don’t know it was chambered in .22 Jet, which was simply a .357 mag necked down to .22 caliber. The case looked somewhat like the Hornet. Remington claimed 2400 FPS but it didn’t get there with factory ammo. A forty grain bullet at 2100 out of a 6” revolver barrel is still pretty impressive though, but it would (and did) ruin your ears. This was almost sixty years ago, so hearing protection was all but nonexistent. I traded it for a High Standard target pistol in .22 short. Very accurate little pistol but not nearly as collectible (in my mind) as the Model 53. Just one of the many gun regrets that I have.
      I would regret that one also. I still want a Model 53, even knowing they had problems. Still an interesting round.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        [ATTACH]1093662[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1093663[/ATTACH]

Smith and Wesson Straightline made in 1934.
        Never seen or heard of those before, interesting.

Comment

[ATTACH]1093660[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1093661[/ATTACH]

Colt Camp Perry made in 1926.
          And there is another one of those, never seen or heard of before. Wow! You have an interesting collection, of rare stuff.

Comment

So many nice rigs posted so far. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on an older, clean model 41. No luck yet! Lol. I call this one the "hand rifle" Not at all a classic, but a sure enough shooter. Started life as a Ruger, but several Volquartsen upgrades later it is a frankenstein that shoots stupid small groups at 50 yds. Too much fun shooting suppressed.

Comment

Won this S&W 617 10 shot 22lr in a bet a few years back. Was told if I could stalk and kill a hog with it over the weekend trip it was mine for the keeping. Started with a 200# boar I hit a few times and was chasing him through the woods after and just couldn’t get a kill shot before he hit the thick stuff and lost my trail. Then got a 50#er from 43 yards and dropped it where it was. Claimed my beautiful prize and had some pork as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                So many nice rigs posted so far. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on an older, clean model 41. No luck yet! Lol. I call this one the "hand rifle" Not at all a classic, but a sure enough shooter. Started life as a Ruger, but several Volquartsen upgrades later it is a frankenstein that shoots stupid small groups at 50 yds. Too much fun shooting suppressed.

That’s cool… I’m looking for a deal on the right 41 also…

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                  Won this S&W 617 10 shot 22lr in a bet a few years back. Was told if I could stalk and kill a hog with it over the weekend trip it was mine for the keeping. Started with a 200# boar I hit a few times and was chasing him through the woods after and just couldn’t get a kill shot before he hit the thick stuff and lost my trail. Then got a 50#er from 43 yards and dropped it where it was. Claimed my beautiful prize and had some pork as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  That's nice, I want a 617 pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                    So many nice rigs posted so far. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on an older, clean model 41. No luck yet! Lol.

Like these?

Last edited by M16; 07-02-2022, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I only have one 22 LR gun left, I got rid of the others, wished I would have kept my S&W 22 semi auto pistol, that thing was accurate and a lot of fun to shoot.

This is a H&R 999, my grandfather gave me when I was probably 14. I was big into handguns at the time. I did not like the factory grips that came on the gun. So I made some out of mesquite. I made the grips and did some trigger work on the gun, when I was probably 16, maybe 17. I was working as a gunsmith apprentice at the time. My grandfather was a gunsmith, then a good friend of the family was a gunsmith. This was my first gun project. The trigger is not bad, from the factory, it was pretty heavy, or at least I thought it was heavy, compared to the guns I usually shot back then.
                      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-13-2022, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        Like these?

Yes sir! That takes care of the first part for sure. Its the "good deal" that continues to elude me.

Comment

Beretta Cheetah 22 lr…
                          Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]1093660[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1093661[/ATTACH]

Colt Camp Perry made in 1926.
                            That’s a cool gun!

Comment

The Contender was my squirrel gun around my house for years and killed massive amounts of them. The other is a Walther TPH, the smallest double/single auto .22 ever made. It fits right in your pocket and is fairly accurate as well.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Terrible pic. Colt Frontier scout made in 1958. Was my grandads and got passed to me. Pretty sure it was one of his flea market finds. At some point the fake pearl grips were added. Smooth as butter like a colt should be.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X