Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    [ATTACH]1093754[/ATTACH]

Couple Rugers I do shoot, The scoped Hunter has the spare 22 WMR cylinder. The other is a Ruger Bisley.
    Fine specimens Sir! Love those style Rugers

Comment

My problem is, I love all of them !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        My problem is, I love all of them !
        Yes sir. I got quite a few.

I figured I better quit posted pictures, folks might think me as arrogant or something.

Comment

The very first 22 pistol I acquired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            When I was 16 years old, my BIL purchased a Model 53 S&W for me. For y’all that don’t know it was chambered in .22 Jet, which was simply a .357 mag necked down to .22 caliber. The case looked somewhat like the Hornet. Remington claimed 2400 FPS but it didn’t get there with factory ammo. A forty grain bullet at 2100 out of a 6” revolver barrel is still pretty impressive though, but it would (and did) ruin your ears. This was almost sixty years ago, so hearing protection was all but nonexistent. I traded it for a High Standard target pistol in .22 short. Very accurate little pistol but not nearly as collectible (in my mind) as the Model 53. Just one of the many gun regrets that I have.
            I has a Model 53 in the 8 3/8" barrel. I had to reload it with the Hornet bullets to get it to really perform. >222 bullets just shot better than the .224. It had inserts that went into the cylinder to shoot .22 rimfire. I was shooting it at 100 yards on the range and a guy was so impressed that he bought it from me right there, at a premium price.

Comment

Yes sir. I got quite a few.

I figured I better quit posted pictures, folks might think me as arrogant or something.
              Keep on posting… I’m not thru…😁

Comment

I never could resist one of the little Smith & Wesson kit guns. Here's some of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
                  Keep on posting… I’m not thru…😁
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	sw3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	340.7 KB
ID:	24686848

Lol, Model 63-5 and 617 S&W 10shot. The Model 63-5 is real dirty cause it rides with me on the tractor or goes in the tackle box.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    I never could resist one of the little Smith & Wesson kit guns. Here's some of mine.

Wow! I’ve never seen so many…

Comment

OK when I get back from the bay. I will pull out a few. Many nothing like the first one to make the others want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Officers Model Match

MKII Slab Side
                        I snagged one of those slab sides a decade ago, and gave it to my sister when she moved out into BFE. I still kick myself about that one haha

Comment

13 pistols, is that all you got ? :eek

I had better get busy, I only got 2 !

Comment

[ATTACH]1093771[/ATTACH]

Lol, Model 63-5 and 617 S&W 10shot. The Model 63-5 is real dirty cause it rides with me on the tractor or goes in the tackle box.
                            I used to tote my 63 when I was mowing a big field next to my house where I used to live. I mowed the neighbor’s field once a year in self defense, it kinda sorta kept the rats at bay. It was lots of fun to plink at rats as they ran out of the tall stuff into the part I had mowed. Once in a while they would pause long enough for me to actually hit one !

I did get to kill two coyotes with it one morning while mowing a power line R. O. W. on a deer lease. The first one came out and began mousing and just stared at me from about 35/40 yards when I stopped. Bad mistake ! The second one came out after I got through and was waiting on my buddy to bring burgers I slipped up on him to around fifty yards and ran out of cover, had a short pine tree in front of me for a rest and I plopped one in him. They don’t run far with a .22 bullet in the lungs ! When I was a lot younger I was a good handgun shot. Sadly, that isn’t the case anymore…….

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              I snagged one of those slab sides a decade ago, and gave it to my sister when she moved out into BFE. I still kick myself about that one haha
                              I actually have two...I'm a lefty & had to replace the grips if I wanted to shoot it. Dang right handed bias gun Co's.

The one pic'd has a box.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                                The very first 22 pistol I acquired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My grandpa has one just like it. He got his a long time ago. I think he paid $63 dollars for it if I remember right.

I don't have no pretty .22 pistols. Just a Heritage Rough Rider .22lr/.22mag but it's pretty beat up lookin. It's been used quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X