So now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now what?

Well the big shoots here in Texas have wound down. Yeah there's a few here and there spread out but with gas prices I'll be picking and choosing a little more. Hunting season is a bit off yet. Still, can't afford to slack off.
    I've got a lot of practice and prep before September 1st. Besides practice I need to determine what and how to pack, working enough jobs to afford all the extra animals I want to take but may not get a chance at.
    But what else is going on in y'all's archery lives the next few months? Shoots not yet listed? Maybe a guided bow fishing trip to Louisiana or an elk scouting trip to Colorado?

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

I’ll be headed to the guided bowfishing trip in La tomorrow. Should be sticking redfish tomorrow night!!!!

Other than that, I’m just waiting for deer season to get here, or for the axis to show back up at my place.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There is a shoot in Wellington during August we would like to attend, but it’s a 5 1/2 hour drive for us, and gas prices are going to keep us closer to home. We had planned on making the IBO shoot in Pensacola, but that looks to be out, as well. For now we’ll be working on some form adjustments Levy and Shana helped us with, and maybe building an elevated platform to practice from. A little fine tuning with our broadheads...

Comment

Nilgai with trad gear is on my list this year. Got some hogs to hunt locally and planning on putting a feeder and tripod on my place in San Angelo. Scouting and another hunt in Amistad. Few other possibles as well.

Comment

Well theres the monthly 3D shoots at TAC and BCAC. Not big events, but a good morning just the same if live close enough. And, the Dinasour Valley TBOT is on 7/2 and 7/3. Then there's the tentative Austin TBOT on 7/23 and 7/24.

Have to get my feeder and stand up on my new San Augustine lease.

And, last but not least, I need to make a quiver out of last years axis hide.
          Last edited by SJP51; 06-09-2022, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
            Well theres the monthly 3D shoots at TAC and BCAC. Not big events, but a good morning just the same if live close enough. And, the Dinasour Valley TBOT is on 7/2 and 7/3. Then there's the tentative Austin TBOT on 7/23 and 7/24.

Are you going to make it yourself or have it done by someone? I've got one I need to do something cool with as well.

Comment

TBoT in Liberty Hill June 25th

Comment

BCAC’s June shoot got pushed back to June 26. The July shoot will be on the regularly scheduled day.

Comment

Yeah I won't make the drive to liberty hill but I will the Glen Rose shoot. Probably only a couple of rounds though. Have a memorial that Saturday evening to attend

Comment

Originally posted by LAW View Post
                    TBoT in Liberty Hill June 25th
                    Good push. I was wondering when the local shoot was happening.

Im tuning new arrows for my hunting rig arrows and trainer bow arrows. Paul at Double G has some 700 spine Black Eagles on order for me. Im gonna do as much bareshafting and tuning as I can in his A/C rather than my hot range.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      I’ll be headed to the guided bowfishing trip in La tomorrow. Should be sticking redfish tomorrow night!!!!

Other than that, I’m just waiting for deer season to get here, or for the axis to show back up at my place.

Bisch

What outfit you hunting with?

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                        What outfit you hunting with?

Bow Deadly Bowfishing Charters out of Port Sulphur, La. Capt Richard always puts us on fish.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Are you going to make it yourself or have it done by someone? I've got one I need to do something cool with as well.

Thinking about making it myself. Never done any leather work, and I have no patience at all, so if I do it myself it may be ugly and a waste of a nice hide.

Comment

Thinking about making it myself. Never done any leather work, and I have no patience at all, so if I do it myself it may be ugly and a waste of a nice hide.
                            I'd lay odds there's a YouTube video or twenty that can help.

Comment

An axis quiver would be really nice. I would try YouTube also, you can find instruction on how to make anything on there. My buddy I shoot with locally made a quiver out of a brain tanned Javelina he took with a longbow. His came out pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X