No announcement yet.

Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called the NFA this morning on mine. They said any day now. Check cashed 5-26, and entered into the system 5/27. Laura said she seen an approval yesterday for 5/25. Mine should be any day.

Comment

My payment was received and serial number given on May 7th. I am tired of waiting! Sounds like I should be receiving an email any day now.

Comment

The payment on my first was processed in early June. The second in July. I've got a while yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
          My payment was received and serial number given on May 7th. I am tired of waiting! Sounds like I should be receiving an email any day now.
          if that was at your dealer you have a while. ATF cashed my check may 20 and still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
            if that was at your dealer you have a while. ATF cashed my check may 20 and still waiting.
            How do you know when the ATF cashed your check? Capital Armory sent it off on May 6th, and I received a serial number May 7th. Someone above bought on May 15th and has theirs already, so should be close!
            Last edited by 44mAG; 02-14-2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

How do you know when the ATF cashed your check? Capital Armory sent it off on May 6th, and I received a serial number May 7th. Someone above bought on May 15th and has theirs already, so should be close!
              I did mine through silencer shop and got an email telling me the check was cashed. You can also call and check the status.

Comment

For you guys trying to predict when your stamp gets approved, remember one thing. It is the ATF, and it is gonna happen whenever it happens. Approval dates can vary significantly without rhyme or reason. Case in point:

A friend of mine and I submitted form-4's within a couple days of each other last spring. He submitted April 29th, I submitted May 3rd. I got my approval email from Capitol weeks ago, mine was approved Jan 17th, and by the time I got it in the mail earlier this week, it was Feb 13th. At that point my friend had still not heard anything on his. He finally got the email from Capitol today, saying his was approved. His approval date was Feb 2nd. On his, not only was the approval slower, it took more time to get to Capitol as well.

Long story short, he submitted 3 days before me, and will end up actually having it in hand 3-4 weeks after I did. Sucked for him because it was his first and he was really waiting on it, whereas it was my 5th, and I was good (kind of, lol) with whenever.

Welcome to the ATF, where the rules are made up and submission dates don't matter.

Comment

WooHoo! Just got the approval email! Will be picking up tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    For you guys trying to predict when your stamp gets approved, remember one thing. It is the ATF, and it is gonna happen whenever it happens. Approval dates can vary significantly without rhyme or reason. Case in point:

A friend of mine and I submitted form-4's within a couple days of each other last spring. He submitted April 29th, I submitted May 3rd. I got my approval email from Capitol weeks ago, mine was approved Jan 17th, and by the time I got it in the mail earlier this week, it was Feb 13th. At that point my friend had still not heard anything on his. He finally got the email from Capitol today, saying his was approved. His approval date was Feb 2nd. On his, not only was the approval slower, it took more time to get to Capitol as well.

Long story short, he submitted 3 days before me, and will end up actually having it in hand 3-4 weeks after I did. Sucked for him because it was his first and he was really waiting on it, whereas it was my 5th, and I was good (kind of, lol) with whenever.

Welcome to the ATF, where the rules are made up and submission dates don't matter.
                    I'm no ATF fan-boy, but you need to be realistic with your expectations. There are something like 26 examiners IIRC. They're spread all over the country. Your form and your buddy's were likely sent to different branches. Each branch has different work-loads. Hell, they may even have slightly different policies. There's at least one examiner out there who apparently used to search the database to see if you had any other forms pending, and if so, he batch-approved them all at once, regardless of when they were submitted. That guy needs a freaking raise.

Comment

WooHoo! Just got the approval email! Will be picking up tomorrow!
                      Looks like mine was approved on Jan 24th. So it took three weeks from then to get the email from Capitol.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        I'm no ATF fan-boy, but you need to be realistic with your expectations. There are something like 26 examiners IIRC. They're spread all over the country. Your form and your buddy's were likely sent to different branches. Each branch has different work-loads. Hell, they may even have slightly different policies. There's at least one examiner out there who apparently used to search the database to see if you had any other forms pending, and if so, he batch-approved them all at once, regardless of when they were submitted. That guy needs a freaking raise.

Which is exactly my point. Tons (literally) of forms, going different places to different examiners. Then you have all these guys saying "So and so was approved XX/XX, so I should be approved XX/XX." Which is not the case at all. It will get done, when it gets done. That is what I was trying to say. Watching the clock just makes you get frustrated.

Comment

I just got two form 1's back today for SBR. Both were submitted on 6/21. Two more pending one from 6/21 and another from 5/27.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                            Which is exactly my point. Tons (literally) of forms, going different places to different examiners. Then you have all these guys saying "So and so was approved XX/XX, so I should be approved XX/XX." Which is not the case at all. It will get done, when it gets done. That is what I was trying to say. Watching the clock just makes you get frustrated.
                            Yes ok we are on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              That guy needs a raise and a promotion to NFA Branch Chief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up my suppressors finally!!!!

Here's my time line:

Forms mailed April 13th, 2016
                                Approved December 5th, 2016
                                Forms arrived at dealer on Jan 2nd, 2017
                                Dealer had the wrong phone number for me so I finally called them at the end of January after I found out they had been approved December 5th. And today I picked up my suppressors.

Got the Dead Air Armament Sandman-L and a Mask HD.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X