No announcement yet.

Boaris! (if u know, u know)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love me some Boaris! We had a bristle back boar, Wilbur, for 4 yrs and he was the best pet the kids ever had. He would let them ride him, pull his ears, whatever. One of my nephews had an RC car, and I would chase him with it. Boy that was FUNNY! But you never could flank that dude with that car! He was full on wild, solid black, long snout, big in the front, smaller in the hind quarters, long hair, and with bout a 4-5” “razorback”. He wasn’t penned up, would just stay at the house in the shade in his woller until he wanted to go and feed with the cows. He’d just stay in with them like he was one of em. My wife would holler for him when she had scraps, and he’d come on a run for momma! He always stayed at the house unless he was with the cows. People that didn’t know we had one would be scared to death when they’d pull up, and he’d come out from behind the house letting out them hog “huffs”! Heck of a guard dog! We had several people stop and ask could they shoot that wild hog in our pasture. Course we’d say no, and explain the situation. The neighbors loved him too, and said we needed to get him a bright colored collar to keep him from getting killed. My daughters had a better idea and got some blaze orange spray paint and painted Wilbur on one side and Schulz on the other. Course he just laid there and let em do it. When my daughters did show pigs the vet said be sure and keep the show pigs away from him, cuz he might be carrying “wild diseases” they couldn’t handle. Well, he’d go visit the pigs pen several times a day talking to them in hog-ese, and basically prob poking fun at them cuz they were penned up and he was free as the wind! Well one of the show pigs had a cough/snotty nose, and it gave it to Wilbur in one of his visits, and the sucker died a few weeks later. So guess it was the other way around! Good memories for sure! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Thank you Boaris, for a job well done!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
      X2

Comment

Tell me the story on that pig please!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
          Tell me the story on that pig please!
          Go search threads started by the OP, it's one of the best threads on here.

Comment

You need to get ole' Boaris on a workout program so he doesn't out of gas so quick!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              Go search threads started by the OP, it's one of the best threads on here.
              I searched and found mention of him but not the origin story. Thats a darn cool pet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                I searched and found mention of him but not the origin story. Thats a darn cool pet.

It’s titled “Thinking inside the box”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the Boaris update. He's yuge! My kids love hearing about him.

Comment

Glad your pet is ok. I’d keep a close eye on the dog. My neighbor has a pit that has been almost killed by big boars twice. In my backyard, one held her under water til my neighbor walked up and shot the hog, point blank. She had $1500 worth of stitches from that one. The other one, broke almost half her teeth on one side when his cutters slammed through her mouth. She still catches every swine that wanders close to their house.

Comment

Boaris is looking awesome!
                      I’m not sure I woulda put my hands on either of those 2 in a big scuffle.
                      Glad he’s gonna be ok.

Comment

Wonder if that pit was a lost hog catch dog instead of dumped....But that's how neighbors are supposed to be! Cheers!

Comment

^^^
                          I'm pretty sure that aint her 1st tussel w a hog.

Ol Boaris seems alot better today. He was pretty sluggish yesterday.

The wife brought him home 3#'s of sliced & peeled apples. He seemed to enjoy it.

Comment

Love to hear about Boris. What do you think he weighs now?

Comment

^^^^^

More than me!

Comment

It definately sounds like that dog had some experience. Way back in college, I did an internship on an embryo transfer research ranch. Those ranch hands were passionate about running hogs with dogs. Their catch dogs were pit mixes and those suckers could sure latch on to a hog's nose and take it down. Glad Boaris is ok. Following yall's/his adventures is highly entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X