Wing Archery Presentation ll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptJack View Post
    to know: the sold black on some of the Wing bows is a 'phenolic' plastic material

it is heavier than wood and adds mass to the weight of the bow

the short riser P-II in the pic above is sold phenolic
    Maybe this fellas would have more of a lead.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Too few posts to Message

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Maybe this fellas would have more of a lead.

Yes, you are sure right.. but I have too few posts to message and hate to be a "troll"..

Comment

I bought a 1967 Wing Presentation II last month on ebay for $225. Well, with tax, shipping, and warranty, $300 (yes, square2 did warranty this 54 yr old bow for two years!).

I'm loving shooting it in the backyard, and I don't shoot tournaments anymore. I only wish I could figure out what to use to polish the scratches on the riser.

Btw, I was only a teenager when Wing first introduced the Presentation, and I was lucky enough to draw their prototype. Smoothest bow I ever pulled to this day!

I think your bow is a 1966 model. You can find it here.

Comment

Used to have a Wing compound. ****ed I’m old!

Comment

Originally posted by pipcount View Post
            Yes, you are sure right.. but I have too few posts to message and hate to be a "troll"..
            I sent him a private message.

Comment

ISO Wing Presentation II

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              I sent him a private message.

Thank you!

Comment

@AJ- thanks for note. I have two of these fine bows now, one phenolic, one all rosewood. Looking to get a combo phenolic and rosewood handle to round out the set.

While not the fastest bows in my portfolio, they shoot exceptionally well. And, with all the mass in handle and good limbs, dead in hand. Quite fun! I plan to take to a 3D shoot at the houston club someday. That aught to provoke some interest.

I picked up an old Wing Presentation I recently, in mail to me know. I love Wing bows.

I am mainly shooting at Spring Creek Park as so close and so nice. We are starting to get a nice group of trad shooters out there now, noone is a great shooter (including myself,) but all nice folks. Good days on Saturday mornings. Come by if in area and shoot longbows or recurves! We sometimes BBQ, bring some food and join us.

Comment

Originally posted by pipcount View Post

I am mainly shooting at Spring Creek Park as so close and so nice. We are starting to get a nice group of trad shooters out there now, noone is a great shooter (including myself,) but all nice folks. Good days on Saturday mornings. Come by if in area and shoot longbows or recurves! We sometimes BBQ, bring some food and join us.
                  Tell me where in the park you shoot, and I may well show up some Sat morning. What time do you guys typically get started?

Comment

AJ- If you enter park from the East side on Brown road, turn right (N) at first stop sign, go on down about 1/2 mile and range is on the East side of road. Basically range is in North part of park. If you go to far you will simply go around a small loop and head on back.. keep looking.

Out this weekend, will have some spare sausage if you wish to join our BBQ. One of boys is graduating from high school so we will also have a brief "party."

If anyone has contact information for Captain Jack in this thread, and would kindly let him know of my interest in a Wing Presentation takedown, it would be appreciated.
                    Greg

Comment

Anyone reading this- Capt Jack reached me, but no longer had the Wing Presentation II bows.. so if you come across a nice wood and micarta riser or the two tone wood version, please keep me in mind.

Thanks to all the vets, and particularly the families of our fallen soldiers on this Memorial Day.

Comment

Got my risers- very happy

Quick update, thanks for folks who sent me leads. I have filled out a full collection of Wing Presentation II risers now: All micarta, all wood and one piece, two tone wood, wood and micarta. And one unknown maker (carrol?) in a shorty handle. And limbs from ~28# to ~60# on my fingers at 31.5", ~23-50#marked@28"

Loving them. Primary target rig now. Tons of fun, very smooth, gorgeous. Folks at a range recently said "seldom see folks shoot such pretty bows" "looks like a piano," etc.

I am turning in my best scores ever on 300 round outdoor!

I am still in market for some more lightweight limbs (marked less than 28#) just so I have a backup set. These are about as old as I now. I shoot 10GPP so not stressing them much, but drawing to 31.5 may be hard on them. Who knows... so far so good, but would like a backup.

Drop in at spring creek park, now on Sundays 10AM- ~1PM. We have resumed BBQ now that heat is lower. On good day ~15 trad shooters, mainly beginners, on slow day still about 5 of us.

Comment

Working...
                        X