No announcement yet.

TBH Lost A Legend Yesterday...Prayers Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, this one hurts! Dale, I don't post much anymore, but I did see this and I must say it floored me!! Thank you for posting, but It sure was a gut punch to read! I can't say I knew Matt well, but I can tell you he touched me in a great way the interactions that we did have. Way back when Chew was going through his battle with Colon cancer, we had a big TBH fund-raiser and auction to help him with his bills... Patek put up a fishing trip to Rockport and I bought it... didn't really have time to go fishin'. I was just wanting to help Chew out and decided I'd wait 'til Chew could go with me on the trip... Old Patek kept after me on when I wanted to go fishin'... and I never got around to scheduling it... Me n Chew never got hooked up together to take time to go... Several years later, I got an email from Matt telling me that trip was still good whenever I wanted to go... Wouldn't take no for an answer... even offered to give me my money back!! I sure regret not going fishin' with him!! I'm so, so sorry I won't get to this side of Heaven now... Knowing him, I bet he'll take me when I get there tho!!

Lord God in Heaven, receive this Soul into Your eternal Rest. Give him his mansion that You built for him, one that's big enough for Steph and the girls too... In that day, at the appropriate time, we all look forward to that union when we can all sing praises to You oh Lord. I ask for a calming peace for the family and friends that brings forth Hope in their eternal homeplace. Lord put folks around them as they mourn and give them earthly support right now as they need someone to lean upon. Give them all strength to endure this tragedy and come through this trial to better days down the road... After the mourning period, Lord, please help them to begin the healing process and the movement toward their Joy that is theirs to have at the appropriate time. Lord, I ask for comfort for all his friends and especially so for our brother Dale. Lord a friend is like family and in some cases, even more close to us than family. We don't get to choose our family, but we do our friends and it is obvious that our brother Dale chose wisely in choosing the Patek family. Comfort them and keep them safe from harm as they weather this storm until is subsides. We ask these things in the powerful name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, Amen.

Comment

So sorry to hear. Prayers sent.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a well written, terrible to read, tribute. Prayers to his family and friends.

Comment

Well said Dmo, it’s numbing. I hope he and Erv are chasing tailing reds in the great beyond. It was an honor to have known him and shared the great outdoors with him from Rockport to the SR. Until we meet again, God speed. You will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for all the family and his friends.

On a side note..
              I bought a really nice Remington 700 .270 off of Matt several months ago. We talked awhile in his garage, he mentioned getting on a lease with you, Dale. Seemed like a great guy. He also told me his daughter used this rifle to kill her first deer (I believe). If the family or any friends would like it as a sentimental piece, I understand and will gladly part with it.

Comment

Very sorry to hear. RIP. Prayers up for the family

Comment

I had a relative pass away a few years back. What I remember most is that no one really had a good thing to say about him. It was an epiphany for me that all we really leave behind here is our legacy and we should cement it being the best version of ourselves while we are here. Hearing what I’m hearing about this man, I have no doubt he was everything y’all say he was and more. I’m so sorry your losses, my prayers are with you all.

Comment

No words...
                    Just prayers up for his wife & 3 little girls.
                    Haven't done much with Matt in while. Still hurts all the same.

Comment

Not what I wanted to see when opening up Tbh for the first time in a while.

Prayers for his family and friends. Rest easy

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

I worked with Matt for a year at Samsung. We reconnected recently when he was in Round Rock working on the WWTP. We had been talking about meeting for lunch...

He will be missed.

Comment

Prayers sent for all involved

Comment

Prayers for his family, gone way too YOUNG!

Comment

Just tragic. Prayers up for all Matt's girls.

Comment

Prayers for those girls. Sorry to hear this.

Comment

Working...
                                X