• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worked late yesterday so missed that.

Stairs to hell and Bi/back this AM.

Feeling good

Comment

11 miles walking yesterday and 10.2 miles on bicycle today. Much better diet last 2 days. Tomorrow needs to be BEAST mode.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I skipped yesterday due to some back issues but made it today for a big, heavy chest and triceps day. Pretty sure I'm going to feel this as I was still feeling the strip sets I did on Wednesday. Not many different movements, but heavy on the weight. Got some abs in today as well.

Incline chest press on smith every setting to flat-3 rounds/weighted dips-3 rounds/incline situp-3 rounds
        Seated wide grip chest press/skull crusher/ab roller
        Incline DB fly/overhead rope extension/hanging leg raise

I'm looking forward to sleeping in late tomorrow!

Comment

Knocked out shoulders and cardio this morning

Comment

38 miles on bike yesterday and ate right!
            Today 25 miles on bike and had light lunch with daughter. Want another 12 miles before night fall.

Comment

2021 Workout accountability thread...

Anybody still working out one body part a day?

I’ve been on this for a while now and thinking of switching it up.

Typically I’ll do chest on one day something like:

4 sets of 8-10 bench bar
              4 sets of 8-10 incline bench or dumbles
              4 sets of 15 push-ups
              4 sets of 12 flys
              4 sets of 12-15 seated bench press machine(warmup)
              4 sets of 8-10 decline smith machine
              4 sets of 10 close grip dumbbell press

Usally 6-8 excerises 8-10 reps 4 sets one muscle group a day. Arm day I do biceps and triceps.

Some days I take a good amount of rest and go heavier and other days I’ll go lighter and go back to back or faster pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Black Ice; 03-26-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I haven't posted on this thread in forever, but I haven't stopped working out. I'm currently dropping from 220 to 210 just to lean out for summer then I'll bulk back up a bit this winter. Today is my cheat day so I'm drinking beer and frying fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  38 miles on bike yesterday and ate right!
                  Today 25 miles on bike and had light lunch with daughter. Want another 12 miles before night fall.
                  Just got another 12.2 miles in for the day. [emoji817]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    Anybody still working out one body part a day?

I’ve been on this for a while now and thinking of switching it up.

Typically I’ll do chest on one day something like:

4 sets of 8-10 bench bar
                    4 sets of 8-10 incline bench or dumbles
                    4 sets of 15 push-ups
                    4 sets of 12 flys
                    4 sets of 12-15 seated bench press machine(warmup)
                    4 sets of 8-10 decline smith machine
                    4 sets of 10 close grip dumbbell press

Usally 6-8 excerises 8-10 reps 4 sets one muscle group a day. Arm day I do biceps and triceps.

Some days I take a good amount of rest and go heavier and other days I’ll go lighter and go back to back or faster pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get on the one body part kick every now and then. Especially if I don't have a lot of time that week I'll do one body part each day. I've done it for multiple weeks before, but haven't done it in quite awhile.

Tore it up this morning. 3 rounds of chest and biceps supersets. Big, heavy day on chest and some strip sets mixed in. Ab work just so I could rest!

Incline bench press on smith every setting to flat/preacher curl/incline situp
                    Cable fly strip sets/arm blaster curls/ab roller
                    Seated wide grip chest press/overhead cable curl

Comment

Back and leg supersets today. I'm feeling my age today!

Bent over BB row strip sets pronated grip/supersquat/incline sit up
                      Bodyweight pullups/sled leg press/hanging leg raise
                      Bent over BB row strip sets supinated grip/ab roller
                      Overhead lat pull/leg extensions

Comment

Did legs on Saturday but missed Sunday and Monday (packing for our move and *insert any other crappy excuse)

This AM was lots of cardio with Chest and Bi’s. With much of our stuff packed up we’ve been eating out a bunch

Comment

Well after 1 year and 2 weeks out of the gym I went back yesterday for the first time. It was a struggle. Today was much better. At my age, Im going to ease into this. 10 surgeries in the past 15 years is something I dont want to increase. Im about 3 lbs heavier than I like to be but I bet I had 10 lbs move from my chest shoulders and arms to my midsection.

Im going to rectify that in the coming months!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Well after 1 year and 2 weeks out of the gym I went back yesterday for the first time. It was a struggle. Today was much better. At my age, Im going to ease into this. 10 surgeries in the past 15 years is something I dont want to increase. Im about 3 lbs heavier than I like to be but I bet I had 10 lbs move from my chest shoulders and arms to my midsection.

Im going to rectify that in the coming months!

Welcome back rtp!!! Getting old doesn't suck, it's the mileage that does the damage and that's what sucks. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. 5 surgeries in the last 9-10 years is getting old. I'm about 9 pounds heavier than I want to be and I've been telling myself for years that I was going to change my eating habits and get down to 10-12% body fat. I've finally given up and decided that I'm going to eat for girth.

I may be old, but I can darn sure outlift most of these young bucks!
                            Last edited by SabreKiller; 03-30-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Got 16.5 miles on my bike last night..........that was all i did yesterday, two many meetings!!! OUCH!!!
                              Got 12.6 miles on my bike so far today, gonna eat something light right now and get another 12 or so.
                              Hopefully in April I can start lifting again and maybe start running.

Comment

Congrats to Landrover and rtp and the others for providing us with much needed inspiration. Keep up the good work gentlemen! I'm just about to pull the trigger and register for the Cowtown half marathon to be held May 8th. I can already feel my lungs and legs burning now.

Comment

Working...
                                X