2021 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
    Will Carrots, radishes and onions make it through this weather (uncovered)?
    I’m wondering the same. Really hope it doesn’t knock back my onions.

Comment

I have all 3 uncovered...will let you know shortly

Comment

I hope my strawberries make it but I doubt it

Onions garlic and collards should be fine tho

Comment

Tomato seedlings are warm and happy

Comment

Carrots and onions will likely be fine. Radishes prolly not but depends how far along they are.

Comment

I'm thinking my garden will take major hit. I spent a day covering everything in hay or with row covers but the snow and ice collapsed most of the covers. Pretty sure celery is toast. Will see about baby lettuces, spinach , carrots and all the sprouts of other stuff. Not optimistic . Looks like collards and mustards are ok...for now. Will be 11 tonight. Kale???

Picked all the cabbages and brussell sprouts had enough of them already anyhow.

Oh well. All can be replanted

Comment

Hadn't planted anything yet but turned twice... This will sure help with weed/grass control! Turned it last week just ahead of this anticipating the possibility of a little natural weed control... Right now, it is a solid block of ice so "mission accomplished"... Also good for bug control for things like squash vine borers... any that were there that I turned up are toast so to speak...

Comment

I know some plants, like tomatoes, need to be planted in a different spot each year to deter disease. Do I need to do the same for my herbs such as basil and cilantro?

Comment

Pretty much lost everything. Suprisingly my mustard greens look really well. Few carrots might make it but everything else is dead as a doornail. I was suprised my kale killed over. I thought for sure those were going to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                      I know some plants, like tomatoes, need to be planted in a different spot each year to deter disease. Do I need to do the same for my herbs such as basil and cilantro?
                      Probably not.

Comment

Lost power and water for 3 days off and on and then for 3 full days after that. But we saved all the plants we have started so far that we willbe selling. Was a bit of a pain housing 1200 plants in the dining room floor and running a space heater and grow lights. Getting a couple of shelves set up with mylar and grow lights that should hold 40 flats each.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                          Lost power and water for 3 days off and on and then for 3 full days after that. But we saved all the plants we have started so far that we willbe selling. Was a bit of a pain housing 1200 plants in the dining room floor and running a space heater and grow lights. Getting a couple of shelves set up with mylar and grow lights that should hold 40 flats each.

Last time I saw a set up like that, they weren’t growing Lilly’s.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
                            Last time I saw a set up like that, they weren’t growing Lilly’s.
                            Lol. 44 grow lights putting off weird colors in the window, my neighbor is convinced im going to get a knock on the door. Before this i had hydroponic cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                              Lol. 44 grow lights putting off weird colors in the window, my neighbor is convinced im going to get a knock on the door. Before this i had hydroponic cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes.
                              What lights are you running to germinate/seedling. LEDs?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                                What lights are you running to germinate/seedling. LEDs?
                                I cant speak for doublearrow but I have a grow light I bought from Walmart. It was cheap and it works good. I have tomatoes and Carolina reapers coming along now.

Comment

Working...
                                X