Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
        Looks awesome!

Y'all see many rattlesnakes?

We are south of you a ways and never see any.
        This is second we have seen in person in two years. I have also seen a few at the feeders in trail cam photos.

Comment

I went out opening weekend to hunt. Instead of just relaxing I couldn't just do nothing so I did some small things around the cabin. I did them to mainly keep me occupied because no one else could come with me. So being alone I did menial tasks in the heat of the day. I was able to finish foam sealing the floor and ceiling perimeter to ensure no easy way for insects to get in.

For the hunting it was a good weekend. every sit I had at least 2 animals in front of me that presented easy shots withing 15yards. Had a doe with a fawn come in on Saturday afternoon, she stood broadside at 15 yards for 10 min. The fawn looked rather young so I didn't want to take her; BUT i did want to see if I could at least get a draw on her. I was successful with drawing, aiming and letting the bow back down without her seeing me. I am in a 10ft tripod stand tucked into some taller cedar and Oaks, but with no netting etc on the front so I am exposed but blend in with background. I did manage to get the draw sequence on my bow mounted video camera but don't know how to upload videos. The next morning I saw 7 hogs before daylight, a 8 point buck (too young) and the same Doe and Fawn. This time I was over confident and pulled out my phone to take some pictures. After snapping 2 or 3 pictures the Doe busted me big time! She snorted and took off Fawn in tow. (Pic 1 is the picture i took when she busted me)

I came home empty handed but had fun and got some things done around the cabin.

On Saturday Andy was in San Antonio and he scored some free materials that we need to haul out there right away. He got the insulation we need for the cabin for free. It was a total of 30 4'x8' panels. (Pic 2) these panels are roof insulation panels that were removed from a remodeled Target store. They are 3 1/4" think with a hard paperboard front and back coating. I took Yesterday off work and we headed out to deliver and/or install what we could. We arrived at 9:45AM and at 3:45 we had completely insulated the cabin exterior walls. Pics (3-5)

The panels should help make the inside of the cabin pretty darn sound proof and should keep the heat and cool in great. Because the panels are thicker than the 3" supports were are now going to have to install furring strips to the uprights to clear the insulation, but having thicker walls is no big deal.

I am hoping to get out there again soon to start the walls and ceiling. I feel like things are finally starting to progress at it is starting to look like a real house/cabin!
          Attached Files

Comment

It really looks amazing....

Comment

That’s always nice when you can score some free stuff that helps you out. Lookin good

Comment

Nice score on the panels!

Comment

thats amazing. keep the pics coming.

Comment

Incredible! Can't wait for the next update.

Comment

It's coming together. Really cool!

Comment

Man that cabin is built better than any I've seen.

Comment

Looking great !

Comment

Just got caught up, looking great man! You're ready for a winder unit and a space heater!

Comment

Very cool thread. Keep going man I am very anxious to see the final product. You have done great work.

I was always bribed with free beer and BBQ to get me to come work. lol

Comment

Love It! cant wait to see the fished product.

Comment

Working...
                                X