Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROCKDALE Texas

County road 322

How’s the hunting in that area and what is a fair price to lease 140 acers with cows

is that southeast of rockdale?

Comment

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
      is that southeast of rockdale?
      Yes

Comment

Hunted off 234 which is only .5 a mile from there.

Unfortunately all I heard about was poachers being bad in the area but never saw anyone personally. Deer were fairly nocturnal but the 3rd year I could see 6-7 deer a hunt.

Biggest deer on cam was 125ish

Hunted for free so no help with price

Comment

I've gotten to hunt out there. Its in Milam county which your only doe days are Thanksgiving to Sunday unless your on a MLDP property.

I can't say what a fair price is as this is land that belongs to my buddy's inlaws. He's hunting there for free and has extended a few invites.

As for the number of deer in the area, my buddy's father-in-law said he hasn't seen many deer there in some time, but in the last few years they've been showing up more and more. Probably why there is such a restriction on harvesting the does.

PM more info of where in Rockdale, and I'll ask my buddy to see what he can find out about the area.

Comment

The numbers are growing every year. Heck, this evening I was taking the trash out to the road, and almost got run over by an 8 point.

Comment

We owned property very close to 322 for 11 years until 2016. Our place was on 327. Didn’t kill any good deer there but there are plenty of hogs.

Comment

I hunt in between thorndale and rockdale for Free but my dad and brother pay 500 each for a 200 acre place with cows by alcoa plant...

Comment

Lots of hogs and a few deer.

Comment

500 would be a fair price!!! You can get 500 worth of pork easy!! Imo

Comment

My ex father in law has 1500 acres in Rockdale and Milano. The deer are plentiful and big

Comment

I have been looking for a lease in rockdale let me know if you guys know of one.. thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by phoneman View Post
                          My ex father in law has 1500 acres in Rockdale and Milano. The deer are plentiful and big
                          Ex? That must be a whole lot of crazy to give up 1500 acres of hunting ground.

Comment

Used to lease 125 acres between hearne and gause. 30-45 minutes down the road. Can’t help with deer/hog numbers but I can tell you we paid $18 an acre. Felt like it was a little steep but we saw deer almost every sit, easy to fill the freezer and was very convienent for us. I’d still be on it if the landowners son didn’t kick us off so he could hunt it. Would also be interested in a lease around Rockdale if anyone knows of one.

Comment

When I was at A&M, I knew a girl whose family owned a ranch on the Brazos. They had some very big deer on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X