Another mass shooting this time in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    I'll say it. Country college night. So likely conservative students. Some if which survived the last Vegas shooting (another country music event). Suspect dressed in all black and executing people.

Not likely the suspects motive will get much media attention. Just like the softball field shooter or the Las Vegas shooter.
    I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I'll say it. Country college night. So likely conservative students. Some if which survived the last Vegas shooting (another country music event). Suspect dressed in all black and executing people.

Not likely the suspects motive will get much media attention. Just like the softball field shooter or the Las Vegas shooter.
      Pretty conservative schools in that area, could be, or it could be someone with opposing views that found a target rich environment

Comment

Here we go. More bad stigma for vets. This dip**** would of done this regardless of whether he served or not. Que the “PTSD” money makers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it was a vet with mental issues.

Under CA law, if he was seeing any medical professional (including a psychiatrist) who suspected he would harm himself or others, they MUST report it to the police, who will confiscate the person’s firearms. The new gun control laws extend that to neighbors and coworkers. Then it goes to a court hearing and a Judge decides what happens next.

The laws are already on the books, passing more will do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
            I think it was a vet with mental issues.

Under CA law, if he was seeing any medical professional (including a psychiatrist) who suspected he would harm himself or others, they MUST report it to the police, who will confiscate the person’s firearms. The new gun control laws extend that to neighbors and coworkers. Then it goes to a court hearing and a Judge decides what happens next.

The laws are already on the books, passing more will do nothing.

He was known to police. They have dealt with him often. Known to have mental health issues. Mental illness must be dealt with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought that outlawing mags holding more than 10 bullets was going to solve all of this?

Comment

prayers out to the victims and families

Comment

The laws only cover legally purchased firearms and ammunition. I'm sure there is an underground to buy whatever you want for the right price or steal it.

Comment

Soft targets are made when soft people make stupid laws.

Prayers for the families.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                      The laws only cover legally purchased firearms and ammunition. I'm sure there is an underground to buy whatever you want for the right price or steal it.
                      The laws...only apply to those who follow them. You know...the victims.

Comment

Fair or not, good idea or bad if he had mental health issues, CA has laws on the books that he could have been disarmed.

Why talk about new laws needed when the ones already on the books are not enforced? What will change other than law abiding citizens have rights taken away?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          I thought that outlawing mags holding more than 10 bullets was going to solve all of this?
                          They just have to carry more of them.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                            He was known to police. They have dealt with him often. Known to have mental health issues. Mental illness must be dealt with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                            This will never happen because of the ACLU and their types. In the 90s they pushed to have it where if someone wasn’t an imminent threat to themselves or others they could not be held. Lots of folks were released from state facilities and bed space was cut dramatically.

I worked as a mental health peace officer for three years. If you had insurance I could get you help. Once your insurance was used up, usually about a week, you were “cured” and cut loose. If you had no insurance and depended on a publicly funded bed, good luck.

Texas is a relatively low tax state. Taxes pay for things like indigent mental health care. There’s not enough money to pay for it and people don’t want their taxes to go up to pay for it.

Comment

Sad night. I went to middle and high school in thousand oaks and still have friends there. So far none of my friends lost a child but for some it was only by luck. A friends daughter was found to be there but was tired from work and didn't go. Prayers up for all the families affected.

Comment

Is this the shooter ? From what I have seen he converted to Islam .

Comment

Working...
                                X