Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple question regarding your rules. What's the rule for drawing blood? If you draw blood but don't find a deer, is that considered a harvest toward your limits on the lease even though you haven't used a tag? I'm not as concerned with the fact that he shot a buck "not on the no hit list on the hit list never on a no shot hit list" as I am with you can't have members drawing blood and not being held responsible for it. While I'm not a fan of big leases and all the rules that could be set, I understand the need for it all. I just hope he's done on bucks for the season since he got a buck and drew blood on another one.

Comment

Shoot him!

Comment

Eat the deer and everyone chill out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          Shoot him!
          The offending lease member wasn't added to the shoot list before the season started. They figured he was gonna blowed up next season.

Comment

I think we all know what the deer lease rule breaker deserves....

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
              Yes sir

Well first communication has to get better which I believe has been established in this thread. With that punishment on the particular deer shot can’t really occur in my opinion.

Secondly, what’s the policy on drawing blood? And the policy for hiding the fact they tried shooting a deer and not saying a word about it until confronted? This is where I would be very concerned
              Last edited by 150class; 11-02-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Like you stated, we talked about, MAYBE, putting this buck on the list, and, NEVER, made it clear to all the members. If your going to have rules about what game can and can't be taken, ALL members need to have clarification on the rules. Because, Maybe, doesn't clarify the rule. And it does not do any good to clarify a rule when only part of your group knows about it. Sounds to me like you dropped the ball. If you are the manager of the lease, then be a manager. It's a done deal. Explain to all the members that mistakes were made. And as a manager, it was your responsibility to make sure all members new what the rule was for taking game, and not using the excuse of well 5.5 and up, oh but wait, maybe we might skip this one, and fail to make that specifically clear to everyone.

Comment

This thread just makes me do a "Captain Picard."

Wow just wow.

I really wish the accused or other lease members would find there way here or the OP would tell them about it. It could hit new levels then.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post
                    Eat the deer and everyone chill out

Wish we could!!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Well first communication has to get better which I believe has been established in this thread. With that punishment on the particular deer shot can’t really occur in my opinion.

Secondly, what’s the policy on drawing blood? And the policy for hiding the fact they tried shooting a deer and not saying a word about it until confronted? This is where I would be very concerned

He drew blood that’s his trophy he is done for the year especially since he already shot a buck the week before!!

Comment

Did I mention it was a Rage broad head as well lol !!!

Comment

Going Tuna Fishing with a bunch of TBH'ers....this week.

EVERYTHING IS ON THE HIT LIST!

No Management drama out there and it's all low fence

If the place has rules and a rule has been broken - then it's ADIOS.

Pretty straight forward. And it applies to a lot of things in life.

Comment

This must be a small high fence ranch if ya'll know the age of each and every buck. Aging deer on the hoof ain't that exact. Neither is pulling jawbones.

Comment

Guy shoots the biggest mature buck of his life and gets hammered for it that’s bout right. That deer more than likely ain’t gonna “blow up” with another year. He’s mature now and prolly as big as he’s gonna get give or take a few inches next year. Whether he’s shot this year or next he’s just as dead and either way someone’s gonna be happy about it. Unless y’all are just mad y’all didn’t get the chance. Which is what it sounds like. Guy deserves an apology for the BS given to him and move on. You just can’t have a “shoot bucks at 5.5” policy and then get mad when you personally don’t want to shoot the deer and someone else did. If I was him I wouldn’t let y’all have a decision I just wouldn’t be back. Crap like this is what’s gonna shy people away from hunting cause you can’t just go and have fun. Pay all that money for a lease and shoot a big deer and get flamed for it. It’s really sad

Comment

Had a lease "manager" like this, glad I only hunt public lands now.

Comment

Working...
                                X