Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've recently adapted to "No Shoot bucks" should be agreed on by all. No need to have a rule for no shoot bucks. If everyone on the lease wants to have a no shoot buck , then everyone wants to have the deer live just as bad as someone seeking to shoot any other target buck. If everyone truly wants to walk a particular buck, mistakes aren't going to happen. When one person or a handful of members are wanting the "no shoot" policy on a deer more so than other members on the lease, that's when I see the most problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
      We have a situation a Buck was shot that was on a no hit list but appears to be 5.5 which we said on the Rules bucks 5.5 and older are allowed!! But we had this buck on the no hit list because we thought he could get better next year at 6.5 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rules were followed, let it go.

Comment

I would be more concerned about the fact that he tried to hide him shooting the buck and not recovering him.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of y’all guys just go shoot whatever you feel like you want to shoot which is fine if everyone agreed to that on the lease

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            I'm heading to my lease now.. Reading this post almost makes me want to turn around and go back home... I guess Some people dont have enough REAL problems!!!
            Dont turn around! The weather was nice this morning and the bucks are starting to put noses to the ground!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              I'm heading to my lease now.. Reading this post almost makes me want to turn around and go back home... I guess Some people dont have enough REAL problems!!!

O trust me I got bigger problems then this on my plate this just helps me forget it !!

Comment

One of these him?

Comment

Originally posted by gb22250 View Post
                  Back button..
                  Yep. Seems very prudent, I only read to here and back button for me too.

Comment

If anyone tried to pull this girly gossip crap on our place they would immediacy be sent to the cooler for the rest of the season and then then kicked off. We drink, shoot *** and have a real good time, drink more, eat real good and have more of a good time. No time for this nonsense!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                      I don’t want to be that lease manager that changed the rules for one guy what do I do we did talk about this buck maybe going on the list because we thought he was 5.5 but never made that clear with all the members !!

You are that lease manager for bringing it up. It was never made it clear. He followed the rules. Give him a high 5 and go on. The more of your post I read on the first page the more I'd get off the lease. You say two different things several times. I think this guy better get off the lease before you find a way to screw him.
                      Last edited by doublearrow; 11-02-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I think a general rule about age and number of mature deer can be acceptable rules for the management of the property. But I agree too many rules can cloud the excitement of hunting in general. Sitting in the blind and worrying about making someone getting mad if you shoot this deer takes the fun right out. However, IF rules are set they should be followed if you dont agree theres the door find a new place.

Comment

I just enjoy this forum and brought up something that we had a issue with is all I’m not trying to say anyone of you is wrong are right and I don’t care if you agree are disagree the situation. I’m sorry I brought it up but it is about bowhunting and not any off the wall stuff !!

Comment

So it was confusing at first but what I’m getting is

1) Buck at question was on no shoot list then brought to the table to take off since he was of age (5.5) but it was decided against because he could be bigger at 6.5.

2) communication of point one was understood by most but seems to have not been communicated properly to everyone on the lease

3) Member in question sounds like he knew but was unclear. Buck in question walked out, he decided to shoot, and couldn’t find it.

4) Since this buck was already a iffy situation the member didn’t say a word until someone else pointed it out

Is that correct?
                            Last edited by 150class; 11-02-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post

Yes sir it is one of those bucks and no he didn’t blow up like we thought he might so we All agreed heck let’s let him slide one more season!!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                So it was confusing at first but what I’m getting is

1) Buck at question was on no shoot list then brought to the table to take off since he was of age (5.5) but it was decided against because he could be bigger at 6.5.

2) communication of point one was understood by most but seems to have not been communicated properly to everyone on the lease

3) Member in question sounds like he knew but was unclear. Buck in question walked out, he decided to shoot, and couldn’t find it.

4) Since this buck was already a iffy situation the member didn’t say a word until someone else pointed it out

Is that correct?

Yes sir

Comment

Working...
                                X