Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
    I mean I understand he is 5.5 are older but we had him on the no kill list . I don’t want to be that lease manager that changed the rules for one guy what do I do we did talk about this buck maybe going on the list because we thought he was 5.5 but never made that clear with all the members the member made a decision on his own and said he is definitely 5.5 and shot the buck without telling the rest of us .. and other members are mad including myself because they thought he was on the no kill list !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your second post on this thread says it all.

Comment

This almost sounds like a HOA in a residential neighborhood.

When did the fun go out of hunting? Sounds like you are the president of the H.O.A. and people are upset because somebody peed in the pool.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by DFWPI; 11-02-2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Exactly! The member shot the buck on a no kill list final answer here ..
        and then he tried to hide the fact that he shot it, which makes me think he knew it was on the no hit list when he shot it. If anything he would be in the doghouse for not being truthful about shooting the buck.

I will say that the more LISTS you involve, the more confusion there is going to be. I don't have issues with "do not shoot lists" but "shoot lists" take all of the fun out of it for me. What if a 6.5yr old 150" buck steps out that has never been seen? Then are you breaking the rules by shooting it because it is not on the "shoot list"?

Comment

This is one reason I don't hunt on leases!

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
            yep, this is why the only people I'm on a lease with are my dad and his buddy

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
              likewise, except it is the reason I lease only places that I can afford to lease the whole place to myself. If my 7yr old wants to shoot a 2yr old 100" buck nobody can say a word about it

Comment

As the lease manager, and from reading all your post... It sounds to me as though the NO KILL list was never completely clear to ALL members and y'all need to do better at communication. All clear move on and make sure everyone is on the same page moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  As the lease manager, and from reading all your post... It sounds to me as though the NO KILL list was never completely clear to ALL members and y'all need to do better at communication. All clear move on and make sure everyone is on the same page moving forward.
                  I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Exactly how I think I would handle it

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                      First rule that could have been broken was shooting a buck under the age limit (he did not break that rule)

Second rule that could have been broken was shooting a buck that was on the do not shoot list (he did break that)

The question comes down to how clear and concise the "no shoot list" was created AND communicated to the entire group. If there was not a clear and concise no shoot list with agreed upon ages included that was given to each and every member then this mistake is on the person that was in charge of the "no shoot list", not the hunter. If the hunter shot a buck at all and it was not reported or logged and the lease agreement requires all buck kills to be reported or logged then that is on the hunter and is a MUCH bigger deal in my mind, and also leads to suspicion that he may have known that this buck was on the "no shoot list". Sounds like a trouble lease member to me, but it also sounds like the person in charge of the lease needs to dot their i's and cross their t's when it comes to the rules of the lease and the "do not shoot list"
                      Agree with this!

Comment

I agree I understand my faults in this as the lease manager . What worries me most is it just seems he wasn’t going to tell anyone he shot the deer since he didn’t find it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds Like the communication is horrid, that’s a Lease boss issue.. the only thing you can do that’s fair is call this one a loss and EVERYONE get together and make clear the rules and guidelines that are suppose to be in place on your lease and that’s this is ultimately your fault. No offense, but if I were you I would step down as lease manager. This shouldn’t be asked on a hunting forum unless in the process of setting up the rules not in the middle of hunting season. Again terrible communication issues.
                        Last edited by Jcjohnson; 11-02-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Geez man, did he put beans in the chili?

Comment

My brain hurts from this thread.

Comment

Good lord this is beyond silly. OP, keep this drama in Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                Geez man, did he put beans in the chili?
                                That is the main problem here lol

Comment

Working...
                                X