Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That build is going to be one of legend Your efforts sir are bold and I like that

Comment

Nice work, Jack. You are making good progress out there.

Comment

Love the design of the cabin so far. Should have plenty of room.

Comment

Also got a directional feeder set. My deer do better on hand corn and to some extent bucket feeders but hard to keep it fed that way. Hoping they accept this.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
            That build is going to be one of legend Your efforts sir are bold and I like that

Thanks for the kind words, it’s turning out well. It’s a little easier when you own a construction company and have skilled labor. I have done a lot my self but the framing, electric, plumbing and hvac is done by others.

The windows, doors, future deck and a lot of the finish work after drywall is done I did or will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
              Nice work, Jack. You are making good progress out there.

Thanks B, hope you get to see it one of these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                Love the design of the cabin so far. Should have plenty of room.

It’s turning out well, still have a lot to do but it will be easier once I have a place to stay where I can make full days and stay the night some especially once it cools down some.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  Thanks B, hope you get to see it one of these days!
                  Heck yeah, I would enjoy seeing the place.

Comment

Nice progress Jack! I'm starting work on Saturday...tractor is out of the shop!

That buck might be a funk nasty in a year or two...Navarro has some genetics for non-typical deer fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      It’s turning out well, still have a lot to do but it will be easier once I have a place to stay where I can make full days and stay the night some especially once it cools down some.

It’s a game changer when you do that!

Comment

Little more work today, will hang trusses and metal decking tomorrow.
                        Hoping next week to possibly get the interior walls insulated(if I can make up my mind on what kind of insulation), rocked and finished. Hoping after next week all that is left is to start top out of hvac, electric, plumbing, flooring cabinets and trim work.
                        Still got a ways to go but it’s nice to get this big mountain of exterior work done.

Comment

Also dropped a water trough near camp where I set the directional feeder yesterday.
                          My tank still has plenty of water but because of how thick the timber is around it I bet it’s a hot spot for predators.

Comment

Looking good! I like what you’re doing to the place and turning out very nice.

Comment

Nice work Jack, the build looks really good. Keep the pics rolling.

Comment

Very hot last couple days but got the roof on so I now have some cover and shade.

I’ve been trying to set posts for the front porch but it’s so dry that this normally soft clay is hard as a rock and only two holes would dig. Soaking with some water now to try and soften up

Comment

Working...
                                X