Uvalde Co hunting/rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uvalde Co hunting/rut

I'm in a few other threads for the other counties I hunt in, and wanted to get something going for Uvalde County(Not seeing much in my searches).

Post some pics, and what you are seeing!!

What part of Uvalde County?

Comment

I hunt up by Concan off 83.

Comment

I'm northwest of Uvalde on the Nueces River. There were no signs of rut last weekend. I have always heard and seen for our area around Dec 15 as the peak give or take a few days.

Comment

I would have thought they were rutting along time ago, we are rutting in south medina county already

Comment

I've always heard the week before Christmas

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

NE here & they are rutting hard as of last weekend...

2 & 3 year olds were bumping does on the opening of rifle season for us...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                NE here & they are rutting hard as of last weekend...

2 & 3 year olds were bumping does on the opening of rifle season for us...
                That sounds about right.

Comment

They were starting the rut last weekend where 55 crosses the Nueces. Bucks were cruising and some were locked on a doe already.

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
                    I'm in a few other threads for the other counties I hunt in, and wanted to get something going for Uvalde County(Not seeing much in my searches).

Post some pics, and what you are seeing!!
                    I am 10 miles north of you driving and 5 Miles North as the crow flies.

Skip to post #180

I hope things are better for you than what I'm seeing

Comment

Yes. Keep this Uvalde county thread going. Other counties have good strong threads but nothing for Uvalde.

We are off 55 before Chalk Bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                        I am 10 miles north of you driving and 5 Miles North as the crow flies.

Skip to post #180

I hope things are better for you than what I'm seeing

We're down off 83 and 1051

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                          Yes. Keep this Uvalde county thread going. Other counties have good strong threads but nothing for Uvalde.

We are off 55 before Chalk Bluff.

For sure!! I'm in a few others, and they all stay pretty busy with posts. I'm going to mainly be hunting in Concan after this season, so I wanted to get something started since I couldn't find anything.

Comment

I’m headed that direction Friday. We hunt off FM 334 just inside Kinney County. Dad has been there since last Friday and said bucks were starting to cruise. We shall see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hef, been in that area since 1986. I usually take vacation from 12-5 through 12-15. You want to be in the stand as much as possible the 10th-13th. Don't ask me how long it took to pinpoint this time. 10:17 hrs of daylight is the majic number. 10:18 starts getting right.

Comment

Working...
                              X