Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks man.

Comment

I think the newer gas motors are like the diesels. Bunch of new stuff they threw in without knowing how it'll go. Gimmicks and brand new tech get aggravating and $$ when the warranty is out. But as time goes on the older dependable and easy to work on motors get older and the used market isn't very good. I'm in that situation now, i do my own work im too **** to pay a mechanic and the new stuff is intimidating with all of the electronics and codes. I'm a toyota guy but I sure love a sbc for troubleshooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I hate to hear this.....
        I also have a 2012 Outdoorsman with the 5.7 Hemi. It has less than 100,000 on it.. No ticking yet.. This makes me want to get rid of it pronto!!!!!!!!

Comment

Don’t get me wrong, HEMIS are solid engines, once this is fixed. That seems to be their Achilles heel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
            Multi Displacement System half the cylinders cut off in ECO mode....coasting or decelerating.
            Thank you for the info.

Doug

Comment

Mine did the same! 2012 but at 74k lucky for me it was under warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                Don’t get me wrong, HEMIS are solid engines, once this is fixed. That seems to be their Achilles heel.

Man I have been searching the web for the "Hemi tick" for the last 45 minutes and this seems to be a HUGE problem.. thousands and thousands are having this issue.. Wow..
                There is also a few YouTube videos with mechanics explaining this defect..
                Not Good.

Comment

Originally posted by krtnorris View Post
                  Mine did the same! 2012 but at 74k lucky for me it was under warranty!
                  So did the factory fix it and if so how?

Comment

It was labeled a complete engine rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by krtnorris View Post
                      it was labeled a complete engine rebuild.
                      10-4....

Comment

The problem is, the fix the problem with the same OEM parts that will fail again, but last lo g enough until your warranty is up.

Big problem? Understatement. 10,000 part back order with a 10 month wait.

Comment

The Hemi MDS and the Chevy DOD is the exact reason I tuned it out on my wifes tahoe and will cam and lifter swap with new tuning it this summer. The Hemi and the 5.3 are both solid platforms with major issues with lifter failure with the MDS DOD crap on them.

Surprising enough I didnt have any troubles out of the 09 hemi I had, ran it to 103k and no issues.

Comment

UPDATE:

Monday, shop called and said I received a long block, not a turn key engine. They had to pull valve covers, oil pan, etc off the old and put on the new.

That extra labor shot the install price from $1100 to $2271. Then, four MDS modules where do brittle the broke. That was another $83 a pop.

All in all, I’m in this thing almost $6.5k.

Dang, hope it’s worth it.

Truck is running normal. Noticed that the engine is a lot more quiet. We’ll see how it’ll hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                              UPDATE:

Monday, shop called and said I received a long block, not a turn key engine. They had to pull valve covers, oil pan, etc off the old and put on the new.

That extra labor shot the install price from $1100 to $2271. Then, four MDS modules where do brittle the broke. That was another $83 a pop.

All in all, I’m in this thing almost $6.5k.

Dang, hope it’s worth it.

Truck is running normal. Noticed that the engine is a lot more quiet. We’ll see how it’ll hold up.

DANG that's a lick....... Good luck..

Comment

Working...
                              X