No announcement yet.

Denied beer at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous policies are caused by ridiculous people who break the law and ruin it for everyone else. It’s not Wal-Mart’s fault they have to follow the law to the T. You should be applauding them for acutially doing the right thing. They could get sued for hundreds of millions of dolllars over one mistake. Yeah yeah yeah, we all know you’re of age and you probably look of age, but there a lot of folks who look old enough, but aren’t. They’re just trying to do their job. Give’m a break.

Comment

I wouldn't have paid for anything at all at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
        Ridiculous policies are caused by ridiculous people who break the law and ruin it for everyone else. It’s not Wal-Mart’s fault they have to follow the law to the T. You should be applauding them for acutially doing the right thing. They could get sued for hundreds of millions of dolllars over one mistake. Yeah yeah yeah, we all know you’re of age and you probably look of age, but there a lot of folks who look old enough, but aren’t. They’re just trying to do their job. Give’m a break.

But he showed his ID? and was of age. But was denied because his of age wife didn't have her purse. And was subsequently told that if his teenage daughters were with him instead of his wife they would have sold it to him? What kind of sense does that make?

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          I avoid Wally World if at all possible. The reasons are:
          1. They hire the cheapest and dumbest they can find, and I don't want to deal with the stupidity.
          2. I can shop other places where I feel a whole lot safer in the parking lot and in the store.
          3. They are so underemployed that, in the event I need help, I won't get any.
          4. I don't enjoy waiting for people using multiple Lonestar Cards, gift cards, and other forms of combination payments to get their ***** together at the register.
          5. Ridiculous policies like the OP stated above.

I'm willing to pay a little bit more to avoid the hassle, but that's just me.
          My mother, whose retired, worked for Wal-Mart for 30 years. I’m just wondering, was she cheap or dumb?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Wait.....you showed them your legal ID and because you wife didn't have an id they didn't sell it to you...but would if it was your daughter? What kind of dumb**** is that?
            You can drink with your kids. But you can not buy beer for someone under age.

It's stupid but blame it on all the lawsuits and stupid people.

Comment

So next time I buy beer for a teenager and he is standing beside me, all I need to do is claim he’s my son, got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                But he showed his ID? and was of age. But was denied because his of age wife didn't have her purse. And was subsequently told that if his teenage daughters were with him instead of his wife they would have sold it to him? What kind of sense does that make?
                It’s the laws directed by the TABC....Wal-Mart doesn’t make the rules. I’ve also had the same thing happen to me, with my wife, at Spec’s liquor.

Comment

Had something similar happen at Walmart. My 23 year old son and bought a 12. I paid for it and my son picked it up off the counter and the cashier knocked it out of his hand and said he can’t carry it. I said why? He said because he’s not 21. I said he **** sure is. He didn’t check my ID or my sons.

Comment

This happened to me and my wife with a bottle of wine, about a month ago at our little grocery store. There wasn’t anybody else in line so I had her run to the car and get her ID.

Comment

My mother, whose retired, worked for Wal-Mart for 30 years. I’m just wondering, was she cheap or dumb?
                      She's your mother. Why are you having to asking a total stranger? Did you work at Walmart too?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Actually, in Texas, you can. I can go to a bar, order a beer and hand it to my underaged child as long as the bar allows it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

It's stupid but blame it on all the lawsuits and stupid people.

But his teenage daughters would be underage while he was buying in the OPs scenario. how would they know they aren't who he is buying it for?

49 years old.. with his of age wife.....no beer
                          49 years old.. with teenage girls standing with him.... Sure we can sell it.

Comment

See the TABC thread. ****ed if you do ****ed if you don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              She's your mother. Why are you having to asking a total stranger? Did you work at Walmart too?

Well, he labeled all Wal-Mart employees as cheap and dumb. Hence the question, but maybe I should have just sent you both an application.

Comment

In for response from Ultra!

Comment

Working...
                                X