X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cams bent. New ones on order. Everything else looks ok

Comment

Originally posted by SpankyWF View Post
      So tonight I was trying a new thumb release. Arrow nocked and everything. I squeezed the release heard the click but nothing happend. Then my arrow just fell to the ground. Guess what what happens next.. dry fire.. looking over the bow it looks ok. Put in on the scale and didn’t hear any cracking. But still scared to shoot it. Just bought this bow also. Bowtech sr6. Freak accident. 9 years of shooting bows first dry fire.
      Dude I have basically same story as you do except my string broke an flex guard popped out..... I'm so ****** literally just got this dam bow 5 days a go. I'm freaking sick to my stomach. I can believe I dry fired it shot bows over 10yrs also first dry fire wife will take it to dealer tmrw dam it!!! I hope it's fixable!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zjohn14 View Post
        Dude I have basically same story as you do except my string broke an flex guard popped out..... I'm so ****** literally just got this dam bow 5 days a go. I'm freaking sick to my stomach. I can believe I dry fired it shot bows over 10yrs also first dry fire wife will take it to dealer tmrw dam it!!! I hope it's fixable!!

Wow no way. Yea I feel same way, like a nightmare lol. Mine still at shop parts haven’t came in yet. My string was ok but ordered custom gas string to be safe. I’m sure yours is fixable. Hopefully just your string. Keep us posted and good luck.

Comment

Pretty sure it's going have to have new strings, cams, an flex guard limbs look to be ok. Did your pro shop say how much the cams costed?

Last edited by zjohn14; 03-14-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I see the rubber bump stop on your cam has a flat spot on it. Make sure the shop replaces them as well. I had a arrow shatter on let off and had to get new string, re time and replace the rubber stops.

Comment

first do not listen to anyone who says it is or should be fine, they are clueless

the cams are both damaged, do not shoot it until it is repaired, and the string may be damaged

if the sequence of events is as you said the the cams were over rotated and it caused it to be momentarily locked up at the release ,, it is a "hang fire" and it will damage most bows all the time,

the limbs can still be damaged,, some cracks are not immediately visible and it needs to be looked at by a pro,, not an internet wanna be....

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                I dry fired the S**T outta my bow once at the range. Broke the string. Had em re string it, sighted it in and kept shooting that day. Got a nice little scar on my hand from the string popping me.

They dry fire these bows when testing the durability of them so I'm sure your bow is fine.

The Hoyt Standard - 1,500 Dry-Fire Test - YouTube

(I know its Hoyt, just the first video that came up. I shoot Obsession btw!)
                Great bows,

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                  I dry fired the S**T outta my bow once at the range. Broke the string. Had em re string it, sighted it in and kept shooting that day. Got a nice little scar on my hand from the string popping me.

They dry fire these bows when testing the durability of them so I'm sure your bow is fine.

The Hoyt Standard - 1,500 Dry-Fire Test - YouTube

(I know its Hoyt, just the first video that came up. I shoot Obsession btw!)
                  I like Hoyt. Just moved from Hoyt to bowtech. I like both just SR6 better than Helix. That would not sell me on a bow because of course nobody plans on dry firing bow.

Comment

Originally posted by SpankyWF View Post
                    I like Hoyt. Just moved from Hoyt to bowtech. I like both just SR6 better than Helix. That would not sell me on a bow because of course nobody plans on dry firing bow.
                    I don't shoot nor have I ever shot a Hoyt. Just showing what they did and it was the first video that came up of a bow being dry fired.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X