Oryx Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oryx Price

I have a friend that manages a High Fence Ranch in SE Texas and he has a 40" + Oryx Bull he wants to sell for $3k. Having no knowledge of this sort of thing, can anyone tell me if this would be a good deal? I know they are great table fare and beautiful animals but I am having a hard time justifying the cost. Any info. would be appreciated.

Doug Key

That’s in the ballpark. We have shot 40” plus from 2200-3500. Lodging and guide included.

Comment

Saw a post on Facebook yesterday $2500 for 40".

EDIT: I found the post, the guy's name is Mark Marsh I dont know anything about him and have never hunted with him.
      Last edited by yotethumper; 03-14-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

40”+ bull is exceptional. Most places I’ve seen are $3,500 for bull regardless of length. Jump all over it if you have the funds and the desire to shoot one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

definitely within the "acceptable zone". It's not a steal at that price nor a rip off

Comment

What type of Oryx does he have? It makes a difference.

Gemsbok, Scimitar, Arabian?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              What type of Oryx does he have? It makes a difference.

Gemsbok, Scimitar, Arabian?

^^^^^^
              this. at that price I would assume it is the scimitar and it is a decent price. If it was one of the others, I'd be running that direction for that price

Comment

Yep

Comment

My earlier comment assumes scimitar oryx bull. 40” cows are generally pretty cheap as cows get longer but have little to no mass. You can get 40” cows all day for $2,000-$2,500. At the end of the day an $80k truck on sale for $60k is only a good deal if you were already in the market for an $80k truck. Good luck.

Comment

Still cheaper than a WT and way more better tasting meat. Make great mount too.

Comment

Just like the one in CSIceman's Avatar. I have no clue which one this is.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post

Scimitar Horned Oryx[emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                          Lol

Comment

Well, I am closing on some land next week and decided I shouldn't spend the cash right now. Oh well, someone will get a pretty good deal from this.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                              Still cheaper than a WT and way more better tasting meat. Make great mount too.
                              This. The meat is exceptional.

Comment

Working...
                              X