Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been to Greece or Canada with spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tagged

Comment

I went to banff last August with my wife. I would highly recommend it.

Comment

I highly recommend this, we stayed here a few years back.

Located on a private island in Alberta's Yoho National Park, Emerald Lake Lodge offers an unparalleled and unforgettable guest experience.

Comment

Emerald Lake Lodge is beyond amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
            I went to banff last August with my wife. I would highly recommend it.
            Anything’s in particular your wife loved so I can plan something around mine. All I keep thinking about is hunting and fishing and that’s out of the question on this trip. Lol We planning for September (could be August if better tho).

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
              My wife wants to take our 10th Anni trip to Greece or potentially Canada in spring or early summer. We know nothing about what to expect, budget, best cities to tour, etc... Anyone have any first hand experience and recomendations with either location? We'd likely do 5-7 days and only spend a minimal amount on a beach if we do Greece.

...and no, I can't hunt if we do Canada. That was nixed before I could get it outta my mouth! Lol

Thanks for any info from the GS
              Look into PEI

You can try to catch a blue fin tuna. Boats don't go far out 1-2 miles.
              If she like Anne of Green Gables she may want to go there. That's why my wife wanted go and she even went fishing with us. Fresh food is expensive, the fishing charter was a lot cheaper than here.

Comment

We went to the Jasper and Banff last summer. The Fairmont Banff Springs is awesome. Everything up there is gorgeous. Banff is a cool little town, but it's super crowded and touristy - a lot like Estes Park, CO. Jasper is 3-4 hours further out, so more remote. It's a lot less crowded. Not quite as touristy. Still super beautiful. We stayed at the Jasper Park Lodge, and that was really cool too. I preferred Jasper to Banff, because I'm not big on crowds. But Banff was still really nice. Tons to see and do all over that whole region.

I've never been to Greece and don't really have any interest in going there personally, so I'm no help with that one.

Comment

Anything’s in particular your wife loved so I can plan something around mine. All I keep thinking about is hunting and fishing and that’s out of the question on this trip. Lol We planning for September (could be August if better tho).
                  We stayed at Fairmont Banff Springs and she went to the spa one day. Also lots of great areas to hike near by. River rafting was a blast. The town is great to hang out in and if you're a golfer the course there is a must.

Comment

British Columbia Canada - spent a lot of time there with Wife & Kids when we lived in Seattle. South East Alaska like experience with a British/Canadian spin. Salmon, steelhead, rainbow trout / Excellent fishing and beautiful mountains, rivers, lakes and fjords.

Comment

My wife and I enjoyed driving around and seeing all the sights, hiking the endless trails, boat tour on Moraine Lake, flyfishing the Bow River out of Canmore (near Banff), Columbia Ice Fields glacier and skywalk.....

Last edited by Shane; 01-15-2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Wildlife everywhere....

Comment

Wow Shane, awesome pics. Thanks for all the info guys.

Comment

I've taken a trip to Greece. Great food and olive oil. Lots of ancient buildings to look at if
                            you're into that. Athens was cool, nothing spectacular, but it was a little dirty like other comments here suggest. We also got on a cruise for 4 days and bounced around a lot of the islands, which were absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                            X