No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were getting a little stale until that front came through on Friday night. I don’t really scout around much because I don’t like to move anything, but I drove around Saturday and found a bunch at my grandmas. I don’t get too excitable about ducks but this was a mondo wad, like +1k mallards.. They were all hitting a little 6-8 acre low spot beside a ditch about in a corn field that had backed up the night before.

Dad wasn’t going to the woods Sunday morning due to clouds so he went with me. We got out there 20 minutes or so before shooting, threw some decoys and got in the tree line. No ducks on the water.... shooting light came and we had ONE pair come in. We had to walk in probably 700 yards carrying our stuff and he was NOT entertained! He has a pit in the next field over and they were working it pretty good. I felt like an idiot!

About the time I started feeling duped & he wanted to call it (8ish), here they came. Landed a group of about 30 and knocked out 4, then landed a solid 200. Biggest group I’ve landed in quite a while. Hand hundreds circling and landing around us picking up. All I can figure is they were roosted somewhere far off?

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post

Good mixed bag this morning, let’s see what tomorrow brings

What is the limit on grebes?

Comment

Glad it worked out for y'all....have to ride the hole sometimes!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          We were getting a little stale until that front came through on Friday night. I don’t really scout around much because I don’t like to move anything, but I drove around Saturday and found a bunch at my grandmas. I don’t get too excitable about ducks but this was a mondo wad, like +1k mallards.. They were all hitting a little 6-8 acre low spot beside a ditch about in a corn field that had backed up the night before.

Dad wasn’t going to the woods Sunday morning due to clouds so he went with me. We got out there 20 minutes or so before shooting, threw some decoys and got in the tree line. No ducks on the water.... shooting light came and we had ONE pair come in. We had to walk in probably 700 yards carrying our stuff and he was NOT entertained! He has a pit in the next field over and they were working it pretty good. I felt like an idiot!

About the time I started feeling duped & he wanted to call it (8ish), here they came. Landed a group of about 30 and knocked out 4, then landed a solid 200. Biggest group I’ve landed in quite a while. Hand hundreds circling and landing around us picking up. All I can figure is they were roosted somewhere far off?
          It's obviously different down here but the mallards always seem to come in late to our setups (the few we see anyways).

Comment

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Slayed some redheads this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post

Nice photo

Comment

January 14, 8 A.D. (after duck commanders)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    That dogs gonna bite you if you keep making him fetch shovelers!!

Comment

They don’t peck her as hard

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Now that's a dairy pond hunt if I ever saw one. Back in the day we'd mow down some blue bills and spoonies in Winnsboro......

Comment

Ain’t seen a blue bill all year.

We used to shoot 8 man limits in sub 20 minutes. Lol
                          Last edited by Low Fence; 01-14-2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                            Hope you had another hunter with you. Limit on Wood ducks is three in your county. Pretty birds for sure!
                            Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                            Limit is 3 wood ducks per person per day.
                            Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                            Touché
                            haaa, just seeing this and yes, there were 3 of us so no worries, please call the law off me!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                              haaa, just seeing this and yes, there were 3 of us so no worries, please call the law off me!
                              I was responding to Hogstalker as he had posted the limit was 2 per person. Later he edited it. I was not trying to call you out.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                                I was responding to Hogstalker as he had posted the limit was 2 per person. Later he edited it. I was not trying to call you out.

No, I saw that. All in good fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X