Found us a small piece of Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found us a small piece of Oklahoma

After looking for a while at properties in Arkansas and Oklahoma, we will be closing on 14 acres in the Sans Bois Mountains (in the Ouchita Mountains) hopefully the first week of February. It is in Latimer County, east of Wilburton. This will be a roughly 500' x 1200' recreational property sitting at about 1300' elevation for us to put a small cabin on and use as a hub for all of the hunting, fishing, hiking, four wheeling, etc, that is that vicinity. It's a pretty place with lots of hardwoods and some cool rock formations. Since it is only a 5.5 hour drive for us, we hope to get up there pretty often. The views are really nice from the property and the neighbor said there are lots of nice deer and black bear in our area with an occasional big cat roaming through. There is a fairly large farm/ranch to the south of the property at the bottom of the mountain and the lady east of us has about 190 acres. The neighbor to the west has 21 acres but works in the oil field and said he isn't home much. The neighbor to the north is retired and just built a nice place on his 20 acres or so across the road. This isn't a lot of land but we are excited to start improving it. I wish I would have got some pics of the view looking to the south. I was too busy exploring the property when we were up there last week and only took a few pics and they aren't that good. Once we close, I will start a progress thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200103-110238_Gallery (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	25201786

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200103-110221_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	25201787

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats, Josh! Happy for y’all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
        Congrats!
        Thanks

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Congrats, Josh! Happy for y’all!

Thanks Curt.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats! Looks like a beautiful piece of property!

Comment

Congrats - beautiful country around there! When I was a kid we used to camp just north of Wilburton at Robber's Cave.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Congrats - beautiful country around there! When I was a kid we used to camp just north of Wilburton at Robber's Cave.
                It is a beautiful area. We actually stayed in a cabin in Robber's Cave last week while we were looking at several properties. We enjoyed it.

Comment

Congratulations to you and the Family! Beautiful country

Comment

Nice. from those 2 pics I like it cause there aint no stinkin youpon!!!

Comment

Hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Congrats! I’m north of ya in Tahlequah!

Comment

congrats! i just closed a couple weeks back on 14 acres in oklahoma also. im in coal county and beginning building a house on it.

Comment

Congratulations, wife wants to go home to Oklahoma, so we are looking nearby sulphur and ada

Comment

Thanks everyone

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Nice. from those 2 pics I like it cause there aint no stinkin youpon!!!
                              I know. After hunting East Tx my whole life, it's a nice change.

Originally posted by howzitbra View Post
                              Congrats! I’m north of ya in Tahlequah!

Nice! Ozarks up there right?

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                              congrats! i just closed a couple weeks back on 14 acres in oklahoma also. im in coal county and beginning building a house on it.
                              Congrats! We probably won't ever live up there but will try to spend as much time as possible up there. I'm just gona build a small 5-600sqft cabin.

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              Congratulations, wife wants to go home to Oklahoma, so we are looking nearby sulphur and ada
                              I would love to live up there but my wife would never go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X