Lease owner told me today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all got any spots open?!?!?!

Have fun with the assignment, that’s one you don’t hear about often!

Comment

And how convenient that you happen to have a new toy to break in. That skinny kid that rode with you can’t handle the kick. Your better half needs an axis to go next to her buck from last year. I will let you rent ice chests. All it will cost is some axis meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
        And how convenient that you happen to have a new toy to break in. That skinny kid that rode with you can’t handle the kick. Your better half needs an axis to go next to her buck from last year. I will let you rent ice chests. All it will cost is some axis meat.

My better half will get her chance. I love my hunting but most times get a bigger thrill watching her and the kiddos (except Austin) do they killin.
        I may have killed more axis than her but she’s killed the biggest between the 2 of us

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          It sounds like you might be busy.. But Axis are worth way more than a stinking mohair goat.. Is the place over just ran with them or what?? His hate for the axis and his logic are interesting..
          He apparently makes a ton of money off of the goats. He is very creative about his money making ways. Last year he managed to convince Jeep to pay him to let them film a commercial for Jeep on his ranch

As far as the Axis and Blackbuck he has on the place, sometimes you go up there and it’s like a exotic animal breeding facility (kind of an exaggeration but not much) and that’s all you see. Then you may go a couple weeks and never see one.
          He did tell me one time that in his opinion (and his is the only one that matters to him) that the great state of Texas made a big mistake ever letting exotics be brought into the state.
          He has a rule that requires us members to shoot at least 2 does if we plan on getting back on next season and he has been toying with making it mandatory that we kill any exotic that we see.... not sure how he could enforce it... but he’s toying with it.
          This guy hates exotics like most of us despise coyotes. The only bad thing is when it’s prime time to kill axis... late spring/early summer, he doesn’t allow hunting

At least the exotics give something else to hunt since there is no turkey. In all my years there nobody has seen a single hog and I personally have never even heard a coyote... it’s strange

Comment

Cough cough. Axis day hunts. $$

Comment

You lost me at goats…lol

Good luck and happy killing

Comment

You shouldn’t have to carry such a burden. I’m willing to help.

Comment

Sounds like a dream come true, at least for me it would be. Kendall County? How are the whitetail out there?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                    I am a hell of a lease mate.
                    Lol! Holla!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      Sounds like a dream come true, at least for me it would be. Kendall County? How are the whitetail out there?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Yes we’re in Kendall County. Just a bit Southeast of Kerrville

The big freeze doesn’t seem to have had a great big impact. Been getting lots of pics of big fat healthies. Lots of fawns so the fawn crop seems to have been average.
                      Blackbuck did seem to take a hit though

Comment

We were in that area in August and was shocked at how green it was.

Comment

Have gun and bow, will travel!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            It sounds like you might be busy.. But Axis are worth way more than a stinking mohair goat.. Is the place over just ran with them or what?? His hate for the axis and his logic are interesting..
                            Ranchers around here hate axis. 4 axis will eat as much grass a day as a cow. Was told recently that Fredericksburg put a bounty on them like coyotes. Haven’t confirmed yet but it’s been discussed for a couple years now. The axis population is killing hay fields.

Comment

Congrats!!! Every trip feeder filling throughout the year can also be a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                                Ranchers around here hate axis. 4 axis will eat as much grass a day as a cow. Was told recently that Fredericksburg put a bounty on them like coyotes. Haven’t confirmed yet but it’s been discussed for a couple years now. The axis population is killing hay fields.
                                Wow that is interesting.. I hear these stories of axis over populations but have never seen it personally.. I'm actually in Fredricksburg now and have not seen one in 2 days.. Lots of scrawny whitetail though..
                                I love axis.. IMO they are by far the most beautiful deer species and the best eating deer species..

Comment

Working...
                                X