No announcement yet.

Beaumont Exxon union strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to add in here. Just tagging this one because these types of situations intrigue me.

Comment

I hope they do I have some family involved in this and the union definitely should be broken

Comment

Good for them break the union

Comment

I kinda like watching these situations play out, since I don't have a stake in it, and really don't care which side "wins".
          It's usually pretty easy to tell who's pro / anti union, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            And you sir can kiss my union arse
            If you need a union to fight your fight so be it. I have never seen the benefit. To each his own.

Comment

I have no skin in this at all, but find it fascinating. I personally think at one time there was a purpose and need for unions here in the U.S. I no longer believe they are necessary and in most cases cause more harm than good to an industry. That is my sole opinion. Bend over one more time Bayouboy.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Exx/Mob is trying to dissolve the union.

Got family tied up in this crap. Execs for EM need to be hung from an I-Beam
                Why the EM bosses and not the union bosses?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                  I have absolutely no dog in this hunt but it blows my mind that they haven't been working for 6 months and just this week rejected Exxons offer and will continue to strike. 6 months is a long time to willingly go without a paycheck, especially with other companies crying for workers nowadays.
                  EM locked us out. The union offered to continue working without a contract or a pay raise if negotiations could continue.

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                  I would really like to see what the company is asking for vs what the union is asking for. I don't doubt that the company could be playing hard ball but I've heard and this is just hear say that the union is wanting back the console jobs they gave up many years ago.
                  This is false. It was an original demand but was dropped long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    I have no skin in this at all, but find it fascinating. I personally think at one time there was a purpose and need for unions here in the U.S. I no longer believe they are necessary and in most cases cause more harm than good to an industry. That is my sole opinion. Bend over one more time Bayouboy.
                    Pucker up sweetie.

Comment

I have no idea who is in the right on this issue, nor even most of the details. However, I do know that in refinery areas, those refineries drive the rest of the local economy. One plant won't stifle the economy, but it does have a negative effect. They need to settle their dispute and get working again.

Comment

Nothing like some collective bargaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                          I'm against both Big Corp and Unions. So they can both go down.
                          This.
                          Only thing they care about is $$$

Comment

It sucks for both sides and I sure hope they can reach a resolution sooner rather than later. Also, don’t believe everything you read on the internet (or TBH), lots of partial facts scattered in with the opinions and assumptions on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
                              How I understood it at the beginning, it was a lock out initiated by the company. Not a strike from the union
                              You are correct. EM is doing that to break the Union. To reduce benefits and to reduce the pay of the employees.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                                You are correct. EM is doing that to break the Union. To reduce benefits and to reduce the pay of the employees.
                                Calvin…as I stated above, let’s not confuse fact with fiction.

Comment

Working...
                                X