Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Highschool kids still buy Class Rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Highschool kids still buy Class Rings?

My son's a Jr. and he and his mom were looking at ring designs and she was very excited about him getting his ring. He really doesn't care. He texted a couple of his buddies and they aren't planning on getting a ring. Mason(my son) say's he really doesn't see anybody wear them at school. These things are like $450. Anyway I told him times are different and if you don't care, then put the $$ toward college. His mother has been angry at me since. They have to order these things by next Tuesday. Just trying to get an idea if any of yall have kids, has the class ring fallen out of fashion. I think it should be his decision, but got to keep mama happy too.

My nephew a college senior was just ordering his ring…

Comment

Grandson did not get one for HS and says not getting one for collage when graduates next year.

Comment

I never bought one. Spent the money it would have cost on a gun. And that was back in the day when high school rings were cool.

Comment

My dad was the same way. He told me that they would either buy me the ring or give me the money as a graduation gift. I told him that I'd take the money. My mom on the other hand thought that I should really get one. I graduated in 2000, so it was going to be a "special" year. I ended up getting one to make my mom happy. 7 years later someone broke into our house and the ring was stolen with all other jewelry.

Can't tell you if people are still getting them or not, but it wasn't a big deal to me 20 years ago. Too bulky.

Comment

Never was a thing when I was in Highschool. Couple kids ordered them but never wore them. My entire friend group didnt buy in either. I graudated highschool in 2014.

Comment

My girlfriend wore my ring, more than me . Where is that ring ?

Comment

nope

Comment

Both my rings sit in the box they came in, in a drawer of my dresser.

Comment

Had a jeweler turn mine in to a tie tack. Never wore it that much and seems to be less of a deal now. Seems like a waste of $...especially if the kiddo ain't in to it that much. Prolly something else out there that he'd like to put that money on.

Comment

Just seems like highschool is a pretty small step in the education process these days. What's that going to get you, a job at McDonalds.

Comment

My son didn't want a HS or college ring.

Comment

Looking back, HS rings are a waste. lol no clue where mine is and probably havent seen it since HS Graduation. I do however know exactly where my college ring is though.

Comment

Graduated in 88 didn't see any since in getting one. It's not like you are going to wear a Highschool ring for the rest of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                              Just seems like highschool is a pretty small step in the education process these days. What's that going to get you, a job at McDonalds.
                              Lots of very successful people that I know never went or graduated college. Graduating high school can take you as far as you want to go if you’ve got what it takes.

Comment

Working...
                              X