No announcement yet.

Commuter Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a king ranch prius in 2013 and it gets 50mpg everywhere i go. i still have my dodge megacab if i need to pull a trailer or my boat but for all my commuting i drive the prius.

Prius was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Comment

My buddy had a stick shift Chevy Aveo when he had a long commute. Said it got great mileage when he could keep the chicks from hanging off the mirrors.

Comment

Hyundai Elantra......close thread. Great cars for the money. I bought one of the 6 speed manuals in 2015. Drove it to 90k when the hail damage totaled it. Sold it to a family member who drove it for a year and then sold it in the crazy market for $2000 more than I sold it to him for. Never had an issue out of it and 6 speed made it very "peppy". 36-38 mpg driving it like I stole it.

Comment

I have a Honda accord and get 32+, its well worth it. I also had a Kia Soul, it got about 28 to 30 mpg, My daughter is driving it now with minimal maintenance and over 200k...

Comment

Only European cars I'll mess with are Volvo. These models were on the Ford Focus chassis and are cheap and easy to work on.

Comment

Toyota Corolla. Bought with 40k miles in 2011 for $10k.

Now has 220,000 and runs like a champ. Between 35 and 40 mpg driving gently.

Comment

38-40 mpg in my 2016 Mazda 3. Nice car. I drive 180 miles a day 7 days of my shift. 7 on 7 off.

Comment

In 2018 I bought a Honda Civic. I have about 40K on it now. No issues. Averaging 38-40mpg.

Comment

Bought a 2015 Civic off here a year and a half ago as an extra car on the weekends when I wasn’t driving my company rig. My wife took it to DC a few months ago and I’ve been using it to drive 900 miles round trip from MN to NE for the past month. Average 38mpg if I keep it to 70 and 35mm get at 80. Now the wife and I both have company cars so I’ll be selling the civic to free up some driveway space but it’s been a great ride. I’d go Toyota or Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                      Toyota Corolla. Bought with 40k miles in 2011 for $10k.

Now has 220,000 and runs like a champ. Between 35 and 40 mpg driving gently.
                      X2, very reliable for lots of miles, and those miles will roll by as you pass gas stations without needing to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        haha, my buddy always says when i make fun of him, "that civic dont play son."
                        4 cylinders of fury!

Comment

FIL passed last week. I have to move a '15 Focus SE with 16,000 mi for $10,984. No room to wiggle. Just changed fluids and filled tank with premium and treatment. We notified high schoolers and teachers this afternoon as well.

Wife having a tough week. That's the only reason it's priced like this. She doesn't want to see it in our drive. She has enough to sort through with unknown debts and siblings.

It's on my plate this week. They said they were fine with a CarMax offer.

Comment

It's true sometimes it is way les expensive and more comfortable to drive an older big sedan.

Comment

I’ve got medical problems that require a comfortable ride, otherwise I’m in horrific pain after just 30 minutes of driving. In December of 2018 I test drove every vehicle that I could from all of the dealerships in the Waco area. I ended up picking up a new 2018 KIA Niro hybrid for $21.5k. It now has over 70,000 miles and still runs great! It averages about 500 miles in between 10 gallon fill ups(got 623 miles on a tank one time when I tried to get good fuel economy.

With that being said, my youngest brother just got his 2007 Hyundai Elantra totaled by a head on collision (he is ok). That car had around 230,000 miles on it!

Comment

thinking outside the box here. why not get an autogyro if you're commuting that far daily? i think that's what they use in alaska and australia to get around. they're considered experimental aircraft so they don't require a pilot's license.

Comment

Working...
                                X