Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the fly fisherman!

"Mallard baitfish Tie and Try!" on YouTube

I have recently got into to tying my own flys and have had a blast! I found this little pattern on Coastfly's channel and decided to give it a try! If you want the full tutorial go to his channel as I am just a begginer but I thought it would be cool to document my journey with fly tying. I hope there is an intrest in these tie and try videos. I will find a cool fly tutorial give the info for that tutorial then tie my shortened rendition,then go catch a fish! When I develop my own patterns I will do the proper tutorial but until then I will just give the information on the tutorial I used!

Really excited to share theae videos and learn the process. Hope yall enjoy and there will be more to come. Thanks yall!

My oldest boy, who just turned 16, is getting into this. He's got some clamps and stuff rigged up on a table, but he's tied some pretty cool flies. I killed a rooster the other day and he harvested all the feathers he wanted off it and tied some nice flies. I need to get him the proper vice, and tools. Maybe for Christmas. He's already catching fish with the flies he's tied with his rigged setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
      My oldest boy, who just turned 16, is getting into this. He's got some clamps and stuff rigged up on a table, but he's tied some pretty cool flies. I killed a rooster the other day and he harvested all the feathers he wanted off it and tied some nice flies. I need to get him the proper vice, and tools. Maybe for Christmas. He's already catching fish with the flies he's tied with his rigged setup.
      Thats awesome! Get him a vise! Worse things he could be doing! Wish I had started at 16! Let me know if you need any help picking somthing out for him.

Comment

Cool video.

Comment

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
          Thats awesome! Get him a vise! Worse things he could be doing! Wish I had started at 16! Let me know if you need any help picking somthing out for him.
          Any recommendations on a vise or kit that has a vise(that won't break the bank.) Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
            Any recommendations on a vise or kit that has a vise(that won't break the bank.) Thanks.
            I have an extra one or three and need to downsize. Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll see what kind of care package I can put together.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
              I have an extra one or three and need to downsize. Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll see what kind of care package I can put together.

Michael
              What an awesome gesture!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post

Michael
                Man, that's awesome. I'll make sure he ties some up for, just give me an idea of what you fish for and hook size. I'll shoot you a PM. Thank.

Comment

I’ve considered doing this. It seems as if there is a lot of “zen” potential in an activity such as this. Kinda like knitting, I guess.

Never did take to knitting…

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    I’ve considered doing this. It seems as if there is a lot of “zen” potential in an activity such as this. Kinda like knitting, I guess.

Never did take to knitting…
                    Its pretty awesome tying then catching fish on that fly

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      Its pretty awesome tying then catching fish on that fly
                      So much fun! I am hooked.

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X