Proposed Change in Oklhoma Deer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    If I were a landowner there I would not want the change, the deer are not near as nocturnal there and get big for a reason, same reason Grayson and Collin county have some giants, limited long range weapon seasons.
    if you were a landowner that would not want it, it must be because you hate money. it would raise land values.

Comment

Texans42.....I’ve got 3 deer on the wall that are in the Oklahoma record books that my dad and I had taken. We drove two counties over everytime to check them in back when you had to actually take them to a station. I am very close to Lake Murray......

Comment

They kill plenty 3.5 year olds already. With cross bows rifles and muzzle loaders . No need to give them an excuse to kill more of them

Comment

What they need to do is change archery season to last Saturday of September as the opener and third Sunday of January as the last day if they want to change something.

Comment

There is always talk about extending the season in WI, and it has been done a few times. Usually what happens is the same number of deer are taken, just over an extended period of time. In Wisconsin, they added to the rifle season by creating "T-Zone" hunting, which was a season just before and just after rifle season, where only antlerless animals could be taken.

At the time, the thought was more people would hunt with extended rifle season, as well as attempting to eradicate CWD. But the Wisconsin DNR found out it really didn't help solve either problem.

Only guys that hunt hard and love deer camp are going to benefit.

Comment

I hunt Oklahoma and I think the deer season is already long enough. I mean Oct 1st- Jan 15th is plenty for me.
              Oh you said GUN season. Don't gun hunt so it doesn't matter to me.( I know, that's very narrow minded and I can hear the haters now...….don't care) If you can prove to me how extending it will help the deer herd then fine, I'm all for it. If it's just to make it more convenient then I am a lot less concerned.Where I hunt there doesn't seem to be an over population of deer and when I hunted between Ratan and Antlers the seasonal dates seemed to be more of a "suggestion" anyway.
              Oh ya, and if there's a chance it'll raise what I pay for a lease then I'm definitely against it.
              Last edited by whakm; 12-03-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X